latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Forms/ssl certificate on prime domain

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Forms/ssl certificate on prime domain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michael Miller 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 1:41 am #12203

Pro Forms/ssl certificate on prime domain serving subdomains:

I hope I’m not repeating the topic unnecessarily, but the last word Cristián, Jason, and I had on this was in November on the old forum, and it’s now shut down.

My host now offers a cheaper kind of wildcard SSL certificate, a Comodo Positive Wildcard SSL, which is only insured to $10,000 rather than $250,000. I’d like to confirm that this will be acceptable to S2member and PayPal and will enable me to accept credit cards directly without customers having to register on PayPal. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 30th, 2012 at 5:34 pm #12235
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Michael,

s2Member fully supports SSL, regardless of whether it’s a WildCard SSL Certificate or a single-domain certificate.

Whether you are approved for PayPal Website Payments Pro is up to PayPal, but configuring SSL on your site so that s2Member order and checkout pages can be accessed via an SSL URL will certainly improve your chances of being approved.

Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 9:20 pm #12340

I’ve been approved already for PayPal Website Payments Pro, so no problem, I suppose. This less expensive SSL certificate carries less insurance, but $10,000 is surely adequate for subscriptions and merchandise costing no more than a few hundred dollars.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.