latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Login Widget – Change "Signup Now" Link

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Login Widget – Change "Signup Now" Link

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 1:23 am #15318
James Halski
Username: jhalski

We are using the s2member pro login widget. We also use buddypress and we have an issue with our Captcha plugin not working, so i just set up another free registration page using the s2member form, which has a working captcha on it. The problem is the “Signup Now” link on the widget takes the user to the old “buddypress” registration form, without the captcha, so spammers might be able to find it and create usernames. I go into Appearance>Widgets>S2memberPro Login Widget and I changed the Signup Now url from %%Automatic%% to our new login page and i saved it. But when i go to the widget, the signup now is still the old buddypress registration page, not the new link i put in. Any ideas on how to change it? Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:43 am #15362
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi James,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache (and any cache plugin you may have installed on WordPress)? It sounds like the old widget settings are being loaded from a cache.

Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 10:52 am #15374
James Halski

Thats what i thought too, i tried clearing it a couple times, but the link still hasnt changed. We use wpengine which is very cache intensive, but i cleared all of the caches everywhere and from my browser. When i go back into the Widgets, my new link is still there…just not when i’m looking at the webpage.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:57 am #15447

It’d be good to ask the WPengine guys about it, then, there may be something you need to do to refresh the cache for widgets.

Another thing you could try is removing the widget completely and making sure it doesn’t show up in the page anymore. Then put it back in and configure it again and then go look at it in the site. Maybe that works.

I hope it helps.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:05 pm #15613
James Halski

So I tested it out using our non-cached staging area, and the link still does not change, is there a file somewhere where i can change it as opposed to changing it in the widgets in our dashboard? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:27 pm #15618
James Halski

I was doing some testing, and i realized that with the updated login widget, there are 2 sign up now links. One at the bottom underneath the password, and another along the top of the widget. The one underneath the password is correct when i changed it. The one along the top of the widget is still incorrect. Do you know how i can change that one?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  James Halski.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:08 pm #15628

s2Member doesn’t add that link in the title bar of the widget. I’m guessing you added the HTML for it in the field for the widget’s public title.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:18 pm #15629
James Halski

ahhh…it was those pesky developers of ours…where do i find the widgets public title?

**Edit** Oh i found it, theres actually nothing in the public title. I’ll check with our developers. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  James Halski.
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #15741

Cool. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.