latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

pro login widget logout does not logout

Home Forums Community Forum pro login widget logout does not logout

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 5:12 pm #11038

Hi,

I am using wp on mamp and have added localhost to s2member config.

Under the pro login widget, the logout does not logout.

Please help me figure out why.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:18 am #11092

The localhost thing is not added to an s2 config, but the WP config ([hilite mono]/wp-config.php[/hilite]). Please read this section: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Localhost WAMP/MAMP Developers[/hilite]

See if that helps. If not, when you want to log out and it doesn’t, what does it do? Does another logout link work (in your theme or another widget)?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #11123

As I am using MAMP, I have made the required s2 requested change to wp-config.php.

No matter which logout method I choose, the site refuses to log me out.

Clicking logout under the wp admin bar on top or meta fields widget logout link adds the following to my url:

?action=logout&_wpnonce=c1cd2b6823

but nothing happens – I am still logged in.

About the logging out issue – it does not seem theme related as I have tried again with a fresh wp install and default themes and same problem. I’m wondering if it’s a MAMP related thing. I will try publishing the site to a live host and see if the logout issue is resolved. I have not had this happen on live sites in the past.

Very strange.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  RK Creative.
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:56 pm #11141

The site appears to work fine while uploaded to a live server. Logout works fine.

But on a local environment using MAMP it is failing. Anyone else seen this issue ?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #11178

Funny. It’s obviously something with your MAMP installatoin, then. I’ve known other developers work without a problem in MAMP, but I guess yours is different in some way? I’m not sure.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.