latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Remote Operations API Update User

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Remote Operations API Update User

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 6:48 am #21611

I’ve had a look in the s2Member Pro Remote Operations API ( inner processing routines ) file and public static function modify_user seems to just accept the Remote Operations array but doesn’t seem to do anything with that data.

My original question how do i update the user using Pro Remote Operations API. Instead of creating a user and then giving them free trial memberships, i want to skip the creation of a user and give them free trial, Custom capabilities and everything else offered by public static function create_user.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:35 am #21619
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thomas,

The s2Member Pro Remote Operations API currently only supports the creation of users, not updates.

i want to skip the creation of a user and give them free trial, Custom capabilities and everything else offered by public static function create_user.

That’s exactly what the Remote Operations API allows you to do. To give them a free trial, you need to create the user.

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:49 pm #21644

Ok, when can we expect the Update functionality?

When i said “give the user free trial”, i meant existing users who don’t need an account created. i.e. Giving Level 0 users 30 days trial for Level 1 membership before being demoted back to Level 0.

Another quick one below:

Is the EOT email in the works and when can we expect that, so members with set EOT can receive emails 5 days, 1 day before they are demoted and even after.

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 9:17 am #21706
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If you want to change an existing users role to a different one (e.g., s2member_level0), you can do that with PHP. Please see this thread for more info.

EOT notifications are not currently possible without custom programming (you can hook into the Automatic EOT System), however we’re working on this feature in the next major release of the plugin. We don’t currently have a release date, but we’re hoping to have a beta release out very soon.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.