latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Update Memory Problem

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Update Memory Problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:56 pm #41705
Angel True
Username: angeltrue

With the latest Framework update today I was prompted to login an update the Pro version as well. When I attempted to do so I got the error:

Not enough memory. Unzipping s2Member Pro via WordPress® requires 256M of RAM. Please upgrade via FTP instead.

Btw, this error was consistent whether I had the right password or not….because I couldn’t remember it at first so tried several that I typically use.

I was able to download the Zip file and upload via FTP and unzip ON my website (all within Cpanel File Manager). So I doubt it’s actually an issue with my server since I was able to do the unzip online.

Any idea what the problem is? I’d rather not have to do this every time you publish an update.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:19 am #41831
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

All administrative areas in WordPress® will attempt to allocate 256MB of RAM. This is part of the WordPress® core, and it is controlled by the WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT configuration value. If your server does not support this memory allocation, s2Member will not attempt to unzip the upgrade file, because unzipping files with PHP scripts consumes quite a bit of RAM unfortunately. It takes RAM to run PHP, WordPress® and then to run s2Member® and then to unzip the entire distribution file into memory. If your hosting company caps your memory allocation at something less than 256MB, you will need to upgrade via FTP instead please.

See: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions
See also: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-set-wp_max_memory_limit

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.