latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Version correctly installed?

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Version correctly installed?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 10:17 pm #26995

I picked a bad time to update, I guess, as I made the switch from Framework to Pro late Friday. I thought I saw something here about knowing if it is installed correctly, and I thought it was (I saw new options appear). However, now that I’m into the PayPal options of set up I see only the same options of Framework (level 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4). I don’t see the “unlimited” or the additional gateways. How do I find out if it is installed correctly? And find the videos on using setting it up/using it correctly if it is?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 6:23 am #27006

Hi There.

You can verify that s2Member is installed correctly going to s2Member’s navigation menu and looking at the very bottom for “s2Member Pro Info”. If you find it, then it’s installed and active.

About adding more levels, you can do that following the instructions here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Levels/Labels[/hilite].

To enable more gateways to work with, please go here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:34 pm #27020

Thanks. I visited the dashboard and went to the last S2 item which is “s2 Member Info” and didn’t see Pro listed anywhere here. I do see it says “Plugin Name: s2Member® Framework” and the only “pro” mention I see anywhere on this page is in regards to being compatible with PayPal Pro–which is obviously about PayPal and not s2. We FTP the pro download to the correct folder on our website as per the instructions. What do you recommend?

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:42 pm #27024
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Tabernacle,

Well, could you shows you the structure of your folders? Including inside the s2Member folders. Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 9:32 pm #27032

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking me to do. Are you asking my to list the folders at the FTP or just what the plugins folder looks like inside? I’m not sure.

Also, I went through and set up a custom check out page in PayPal and included a securely stored image of my logo so the people using the check out will get 100% secure messages. I followed the instructions and did a test of the custom check out page via PayPal. It looks beautiful! Then I used copy-n-pasted the name I created for my new custom check out page into s2 right over where it used to say “paypal” (meaning the PayPal default look for the check out page) and double checked it was correct without any spaces or anything goofy happening during the copy-n-paste. I saved this and exited the dashboard to visit my site. I attempted check out. It works well but I have the standard (ugly) PayPal checkout page and not the beautiful custom page I created in PayPal. Is this because something is set up wrong between PayPal and s2? Is this due to the fact the s2pro version is not yet insalled/functioning properly?

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:40 am #27055

Is this because something is set up wrong between PayPal and s2? Is this due to the fact the s2pro version is not yet insalled/functioning properly?

I doubt it, but maybe getting s2Member Pro to work correctly helps. I had not seen this problem before, so I’m not sure what it is. Coud you post the shortcode you used for the button? And could you show me a screenshot of your PayPal setting where the style is to see its name as its there?

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking me to do. Are you asking my to list the folders at the FTP or just what the plugins folder looks like inside? I’m not sure.

It is possible that when you extracted s2Member Pro from the zip file, you ended up with an extra folder, so WordPress is not finding the files where they should be. Like:
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro[hilite mono]/s2member-pro[/hilite]/… Could you verify that’s not the case?

This may also help: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:10 pm #27091

Thank you for your help. I decided to delete the s2member pro file from the plugins folder via FTP. Then I reinstalled s2 Pro making sure I followed each step of the instructions exactly. No problem this time. It all looks the same as before so who knows. Maybe the upload glitched or something. Anyway, I have the “Pro” info showing under the s2 menu in the dashboard so its working now.

Perhaps the PayPal issue is the name–I titled it with a capital letter at PayPal so I used a capital letter in s2. Got to thinking both sides may be expecting a lower case letter so I’ll try that and then get back to you if it doesn’t work with the additional info.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:41 am #27195

Glad you fixed the Pro installation. :)

Yeah, it may be case sensitive that way. Let me know how it goes with lowercase then, I hope that solves it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.