latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Problems with Level 0 free pages not working

Home Forums Community Forum Problems with Level 0 free pages not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #27459

I just upgraded to pro version and I am having same problem on both free and pro version. I have several pages linked up to the Level#0 free registration and when I test with a level#0 user account (or even through the admin account), the only page it lets me access is the initial landing page of Level#0. I have several links on that landing page to link to other pages that are set to level 0 access but it keeps redirecting me to the membership options page. Please help. I have an online event tonight. I need this fixed asap. Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:46 pm #27460
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

do you have that page protected with any additional filters, such as custom capabilities or category protection etc.?

I could take a look if you want to contact me via my profile: click my name

Dave

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #27463

I have no custom capabilities or category protection filters. just plain level 0. I really need a support rep please! Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  WaRrioReSs.
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #27471
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

Could you please post the full URL that you get when accessing the rest of the level 0 pages/posts? This will allow us to see what the problem might be.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #27475
Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 4:02 am #27537
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

That redirect URL says that the user trying to access the page is not a Level 0 user. Can you please double-check the account. Edit the user and check their Role: does it say Subscriber or s2Member Level 0? It needs to say s2Member Level 0.

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 8:38 am #27572

Raam,
When I use my admin account and click on the Level 0 pages, it takes me to the membership options page. The only access I have is the original log in page. I have links on that original login page to the other Level 0 pages. When I click those links, it goes to the membership options page. This is the same for my admin account and test subscriber accounts. through my admin account, the only way I can access the pages is if I type in the url of those pages. I can’t edit them directly.

I checked the membership level of my test accounts and they say “subscriber”. There is no choice for s2member Level 0. These are the selections:

Subscriber
s2member Level 1
s2member Level 2
s2member Level 3
s2member Level 4

What’s weird is that I also have specific posts and pages that I sell with several page ID’s attached to each one and I can access those. I probably need to give you a url to a demo video to show what I mean. But for the subscriber levels, i don’t see s2member Level 0 as a selection. Even if I did, how would I change all 300 of my subscribers to it. They can access the first page fine….the login page, but can’t link to any of the other Level 0 pages even though those pages are set to Level 0. How do I set them to s2member Level 0? They subscribed as level 0 members to begin with. I don’t understand why the other pages are inaccessible for my admin account and their accounts. If my admin account can’t access it, then there is something wrong. Please help. Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:12 am #27634

When I use my admin account and click on the Level 0 pages, it takes me to the membership options page. The only access I have is the original log in page. I have links on that original login page to the other Level 0 pages. When I click those links, it goes to the membership options page. This is the same for my admin account and test subscriber accounts. through my admin account, the only way I can access the pages is if I type in the url of those pages.

That’s weird. No s2Member restriction is applied to the administrator. Hmm… It may be a session problem. Could you please read this article? Knowledge Base » Logged in but am considered logged out

I hope it helps. :)

If my admin account can’t access it, then there is something wrong. Please help. Thanks.

If that article doesn’t answer the problem, could you please send your site’s info so we can take a closer look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:27 am #27654

Cristián,
Thank you very much! That was it. Problem solved. :D

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:14 am #27692

That’s great! Thanks for the update. I’m very glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.