latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Promo Codes for discounts or Free accts

Home Forums Community Forum Promo Codes for discounts or Free accts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:42 pm #8195
Eric
Username: elmoore

I have sponsors that would like to donate memberships to students and I’d like to issue promo codes that would recognize that when entered it will result in a free 1 – 4 year membership. Please advise.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 9:40 am #8230
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I believe the pro version has this option, not sure about the “gifting” aspect though. Otherwise you would have to custom code that, unless there is another plugin out there that will work with s2member.

Basically, you need to be able to create and store coupon codes in the db. Then you need to check them when the user registers.

You can do the coupon checking by hooking into the s2member registration.

Then you need to update the paypal button (possibly shortcode) dynamically based on the coupon code.

:) Sound like fun? lol

It’s really not as bad as it sounds but if you’re not a programmer you might want to look for a plugin that will help or find someone as its a bit more involved than a simple shortcode. lol

Hope that helps or at least answers your question.

Dave

Posted: Saturday Mar 17th, 2012 at 8:44 pm #8479

Although this isn’t the perfect idea, one workaround I’ve created for my free version of S2M, is to add a field to the registration form for a promo code. I call mine a “CheapoCode”.

When they give out free memberships, have them reference a code you make up… like “Ugly Penguin” for level one, or “Fire Taco” for level two. When you get notification that they sign up, it will show that they entered something in that field, and you can modify their account manually in Admin>All users.

Granted, it isn’t perfect, but if it’s just a couple of free accounts, you surely wouldn’t mind upgrading manually. And it’s better than hiring out custom code for the occasion.

Dave is right though, you do have more choices in Pro, related to new shopping cart availability.

Jordan Mederich
http://www.cheapochurch.com
Thumbs if it helps!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:08 pm #9321
Eric
Username: elmoore

Thanks to both of you. I’ll likely go with the second option.

Does this sound like a feature for upcoming versions?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #9547
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I doubt it. The more involved functions would most likely be added to the pro version… if at all.

Dave

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.