latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protect Alternative Views + bbPress = bug?

Home Forums Community Forum Protect Alternative Views + bbPress = bug?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 9:12 am #54498

I know, there is an old topic regarding this, but it’s closed, and I wanted to share my findings.

WP 3.5.2
bbPress 2.3.2
s2Member 130617

I started to configure forums today. I found that original topic is not visible for “participant”. I searched Internet and found a couple of articles about roles and capabilities. I tried to change user role to “Author” and it worked. So I assumed that I have some problems with roles, so I followed instructions and reseted the roles both for WP, s2Members and bbPress. No result.

Later I just started to play with Protect Alternative Views. I’ve found that if I choose “Filter ALL WordPress® queries; protecting all Alternative Views.” I get this effect with invisible topic. But if I choose to check all of those separately

└─ Searches (hide protected content in search results)
└─ Feeds (hide protected content in standard XML/RSS/ATOM feeds)
└─ Comment Feeds (hide comments associated with protected content, in comment feeds)
└─ Nav Menus (hide protected content in menus generated with WordPress® -› Appearance -› Menus)

without “Filter ALL WordPress® queries; protecting all Alternative Views.”, then it works.

I thought that checking “Filter ALL WordPress® queries; protecting all Alternative Views.” was just a shortcut like “select all” but apparently it’s more than that. What’s the difference.

Well, I hope that helps a little.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 1:02 pm #54617

From my experience, this is just another symptom of a larger problem. For this to even occur at all, would suggest there is a conflict somewhere in your theme files or in another plugin. This can occur when/if another plugin or theme is making custom queries somewhere, and then fails to reset the main WP query for the bbPress Topic itself (e.g. it can render WordPress® Conditional Tags invalid) and this confuses s2Member® and other plugins farther down the chain of events.

I would suggest that you start testing this on a clean installation of bbPress/WordPress/s2Member with the default themes and see if the problem still occurs. If not, this would confirm my suspicion. See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_reset_query

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.