latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protect Custom Taxonomies

Home Forums Community Forum Protect Custom Taxonomies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 9:13 pm #17162

Does s2member support protecting custom taxonomies or would that have to be done by protecting specific URIs? I’m looking to be able to protect a custom post type but only posts which are assigned certain taxonomies.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:54 pm #17208
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Boston,

Currently s2Member does not protect by certain taxonomies.

For what you need, you might be interested in using a special tag in those posts, and protect that tag. For more info check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Tag Access Restrictions.

You could of course also use the URI access restriction, but I think for what you need this would work.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 5:28 pm #17219

Thanks Eduan.

Since I want to protect 90% of that custom post type I’d prefer not to have to tag each post. Any plans to add custom taxonomies in the future?

Nevertheless, I’ve been reading the documentation even though there’s no custom taxonomies I see there’s lots of ways I could do it either by tag, URI or PHP conditions.

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:05 am #17458
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Boston,

I don’t know of any current plans to add custom taxonomy restrictions, but that may change in the future. For now, using the s2Member Advanced PHP Conditionals and Advanced Query Conditionals inside your theme templates will be the best way to control access to Custom Post Types: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced Query Conditionals.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.