latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Protected posts not protected

Home Forums Community Forum Protected posts not protected

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michelle Mitchell 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 3:11 pm #43430

I have made my first protected post on a new site and it did not protect it at any level-

The page shows as protected. In other words the number is in the correct place on post access restrictions. But it can be viewed at any level.

Disabled each plugin individually and there was no change (did not try combinations) The plugins on this site are pretty much the same as the other site I have. everything I tried was still a protected post that was still viewable by the public.

Also if i put authnet in custom capability, and still it can be viewed by anyone.

Pages Do protect just fine….

Baffled…

Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 5:47 am #43583

Hi Michelle.

When you tested opening the post, did you first make sure you weren’t logged in to your account?

When you go to edit that post, in the s2Member metabox, does it say the post is restricted at a certain level or with a certain custom capability?

Could you submit your site’s info so I take a look? Please include the name of the page you’re having this problem with. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let me know when you did so I take a look. Thanks! :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 8:02 pm #43649

OK I posted that through the private support as requested. Thanks for your help. It also occurred to me to tell you that both those issues aweber and the protected posts are not private may have occurred following a site migration. The demand on the server was too high and we had to get a new VPS server for it. Anyway, it occurred to me that may be related and could help you to be more efficient in finding out what is going on. Thanks for helping.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 1:00 pm #43795

Hey Guys- Can you please help with the Protected posts not protected issue? I sent in the passwords as requested. This issue occurs on any computer or browser and the posts are entirely public to anyone at any level. So you do not need to ask me if I am logged in or not

The post you will want to look at is the one called “A”. This is a level 31 post and can be seen by you right now here.

Specifically http://daytradingtargets.com/blog – the article called “A”

Now, if you click the article header itself, it will protect it.

So any post from http://daytradingtargets.com/blog is public to any viewer regardless of level

please help

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 7:28 pm #43816

Thanks for your patience.

I got your email and checked out the website and the post. I see that it’s properly protected, and if I try to open it while logged out, I get sent to the Membership Options page.

I see it listed in the blog, though, so I guess that’s what you meant by the post not being protected. This is so that you can use the WordPress “more” tag to show a snippet of the post, but clicking the link to read the rest sends you to the Membership Options so you purchase access.

If you want to hide restricted posts from the posts list, you need to protect the Alternative Views. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection[/hilite]

I’m not changing it myself because I haven’t confirmed that’s what you want, but it’ll be simple for you.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:00 pm #43822

Thanks! It worked after I protected the Alternative Views.

What do you mean by the WordPress “more” tag to show snippet of the post? I remember seeing it somewhere, but cannot seem to find it. Can you explain a bit more? I would like to have more options.

Thank you!

Michelle

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:33 pm #43824

Glad that solved it. :)

About the “more” tag: http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 11:32 pm #43829

Thanks! I will check it out!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.