latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Purchase re-occurring item

Home Forums Community Forum Purchase re-occurring item

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 pm #42852

Hello.

I want to be able to make an optional charge for members that gives them a special privilege IRL (i.e. not a page/download).

I want this payment to be re-charged on an annual basis like the membership.

Can you tell me the best way to achieve this?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 7:53 am #43092

Hi Chris.

I’m afraid that may not be possible. You seem to be saying that the customer would have two subscriptions then, but s2Member currently can only handle one subscription at a time. But you could instead merge both subscriptions into one and just charge more, unless the charges should happen at different times (e.g. one monthly and the other yearly).

That said, the URI restriction works with levels so, if it’s an upgrade to the membership’s access, you could set it at a higher level. Levels give incremental access. If your regular membership is at Level 1, then the URI could be protected at Level 2. The user at Level 2 would also have access to content protected at Level 1.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 4:41 am #43143

OK thanks.

What’s the best way to do a ‘buy it now’ for an item? (i.e. not for access to a webpage/membership)

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:43 am #43160

Probably with a custom capability. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Or by item you mean a physical product? If so, I guess a shopping cart would probably be best…

Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 8:52 am #43162

Are there any shopping carts you’d recommend?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:35 am #43224

Sorry, I’m not familiar with any to recommend one. I’d google for reviews, someone must have already put together a list of good carts for WordPress. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.