latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Purchasing downloads – help

Home Forums Community Forum Purchasing downloads – help

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 7:40 pm #5413
cassel
Username: cassel

I am trying to set up something and i am simply unsure how to go about it with s2M. Here is the scenario:

I want to have individual pages that will each contain a video to play, a video to download and a written document to download. I will have say, 6 of those, all on separate pages:

Page1 – Video for Feb, download for Feb video, and download for Feb video documentation
Page2 – Video for Jan, download for Jan video, and download for Jan video documentation
Page3 – Video for Dec, download for Dec video, and download for Dec video documentation
and so on

I know i can restrict each page to a purchase a specific page access. So that should be easy for that part.

Now, what i want to do is this:
In Feb, i want the Video for Feb to be accessible with level 0 registration, but NOT the downloads, which would be up for sale. So i cannot use the Buy Now with specific page access for that. Is there a way to purchase the download only?

Next, to make matters more complicated, when March comes, if you have registered in Feb, all the Feb content will be up for sale (ok, Buy Now the specific page access should work here), but then as a level 0 member, you should now be able to access the inline video for March (but not the downloads). And so on. Once a member reaches level 0, they will be allowed to access the INLINE video for the month ONLY.

Is that possible? if so how?

As if i am not complicated enough already, i have all my videos hosted on Amazon as i am using EVP2 plugin to manage them. I can get the link to download from AmazonWebService, but can i use it? I am afraid that using the restricted files in s2M will just use too much bandwidth for my hosting plan, which is not a problem if the file is hosted and downloaded from AmazonWebService.

Am i confusing enough? I sure AM confused, so if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:44 am #5456

Hi Cassel. :)

I got a bit confused, but am pretty sure you could set something like that up using the custom capabilities in combination with conditionals.

You can also use the custom capabilities to sell the downloads. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / Scripting -> Custom Capability & Member Level Files[/hilite]

s2Member can be integrated with Amazon, but I don’t think it’d work in combination with EVP. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Downloads Options -> Amazon[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:01 am #5473
cassel

Thanks. I was thinking that possibly the ccaps would be possible. Since i have been using that extensively on my site, i will look closely for that option. The EVP would be easy with conditionals, which is basically what i am doing now, as the videos are only viewable if you are logged in so i think i’ll pull it off.

Thanks again.
and btw, i didn’t get a notification of a reply to this thread… again :(

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 4:40 pm #5526

Cool. You’re already very good with conditionals and ccaps, so I’m sure you’ll pull it off.

I suggest you write the flow in paper, with little drawings even, which may help you visualize the whole thing and know what conditions to put where without getting overwhelmed.

I’m sorry about the notifications. I guess the email account is still giving you a tought time, huh? :/

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:21 pm #5537
cassel

The email account has been changed and worked fine in the old forum. Not so since the switch.

Following the question about download purchase, does the coupon feature with s2M pro work also with Buy Now buttons?

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:39 pm #5541

Not yet. Coupons are a feature of the pro-forms.

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 11:28 pm #5563
cassel

As i am working my way through this, it seems much easier than i though since i can hide just about everything inside the conditionals and simply keep the ONE thing outside of it when needed. However, i am working with the PayPal® Capability (Buy Now) Buttons and it states this:

*Important Note* Independent Custom Capability Buttons should ONLY be displayed to existing Users/Members, and they MUST be logged-in, BEFORE clicking this Button. Otherwise, post-processing of their transaction will fail to recognize the Customer’s existing account within WordPress®. Please display this Button only to Users/Members that are already logged into their account ( perhaps in your Login Welcome Page for s2Member ), or in another location where you can be absolutely sure that a User/Member is logged in. s2Member’s Simple Conditionals could also be used to ensure a User/Member is logged in, by wrapping your Shortcode within a Conditional test. For further details, please see: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Simple Conditionals.

I am now unsure if i understand correctly how to do that. If i generate a button from that section, do i have to have the visitor as a member? Why is it doing it differently than in the PayPal® Buttons For Level #1 Access? Maybe i should generate a Buy Now button from the PayPal® Buttons For Level #1 Access instead?

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #5738
Staff Member

Maybe i should generate a Buy Now button from the PayPal® Buttons For Level #1 Access instead?

Right. Independent Custom Capabilities are sold to “existing” Members as something extra for their account. But first they need to either be registered as a Free Subscriber, or already paying you as a Member (i.e. they just need an account first, and they need to be logged into that account before purchasing extra Capabilities).

I’d go with the normal PayPal Buttons at Level #1 first, then you could introduce Independent Custom Capabilities later if you need them (i.e. if you want to sell an existing User/Member something extra).

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #5751
cassel

Thanks, that is what i went for. Initially, i didn’t realize there were differences in the ccaps and the independant ccaps. Nice to know for upselling!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.