latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

purchasing for client

Home Forums Community Forum purchasing for client

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Tim Timleck 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 1:16 pm #56368
Tim Timleck
Username: TimTee

Hi, have a project that will use the pro version. But it would be better to purchase for client and set this up rather than bother them to buy the licence, it would delay things forever. Is it possible for me to purchase, and transfer the name to them after the project launches? Or any suggestions.

thx.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:08 pm #56378
@TimTee

Great question! This has been asked before, and what has worked well in the past is to purchase the license yourself, but join up under a username that matches the company you are working with. The email and everything can remain under your name until such time as you’d like to transfer the account to them.

The username cannot be changed, but everything else can be :-)

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:43 am #56428
Tim Timleck
Username: TimTee

thx, I did see another post on it that didn’t quite do it.

I ended up setting up a profile for them and doing the purchase, so, to be clear, everything can be changed, full name, email etc, can be changed, but not the username (in my case TimTee). I’ll go that route in future I suppose. I see more uses of this plugin in future, but generally I take care of plugin purchases etc. as part of the job.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.