latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Puzzling error

Home Forums Community Forum Puzzling error

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 4:58 am #12640

When creating and testing my UNsubscribe form I run into a situation that is a bit weird. Let me try to explain here what I found. I sure hope for a solution.

I created the page and used the shortcode as given my the PayPal Pro forms -> PayPal® Pro Billing Cancellation Forms. I changed the shortcode a bit, setting the custom attribute to “www.mydomainName.com”

Browsing to the page I intendly leave out the “www” prefix in the address bar.

This throws an error Invalid form configuration Invalid custom attribute. Must start with matching domain.

I then change the URL in the address bar using the “www” prefix and voila, error gone.

Next I change the shortcode on the page, cutting out the “www” prefix in the custom attribute, save the page, back to the browser tab with the page, refresh the page and voila, there is the error once more.
Removing the www from the address bar again, refresh the page, and lo and behold, the error is gone.

Using the %%custom%% code, as originally given in the cancelation form I get the error as described whether or not I add the “www” prefix in the address bar.

It seems to me that the connection between the content of the addressbar should have NOTHING to do with the URL in the shortcode. The given shortcode with the %%custom%% is not working anyway.

I have NO doubt that the magicians at s2member can solve this problem. Or maybe I am just overlooking something. If so, then by all means, DO enlighten me.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 2:32 pm #12685
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Boudewijn,

The custom= attribute must match the address of your domain. If you use the www, then the domain must be prefixed with that. If you don’t use www, then it should not have it.

s2Member uses PHP to check what address the request is coming from (www or non-www) and uses that on the back-end for various things. It’s important that the address used in the custom= attribute matches the address the request was made to for s2Member to work properly.

The Billing Cancellation form that s2Member generates does not require adding the custom= attribute — is there a particular reason you’re manually adding it?

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 1:53 am #12744

Hi Raam, the reason I use it is because it is in the standard generated code. I will test it by leaving it out.
*** minutes later ***
Tested without the custom attribute, works fine.
This leaves me with one question left considering the UNsubscribe.
I offer two options for the subscribers, one with monthly payments, one with yearly payments. Both are for level 1 subscribers (there are no other levels)
Does one UNsubscribe page suffice?

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 1:28 pm #12770
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hi Boudewijn,
yes, one unsubscribe page would work.

You can create these cancellation/unsubscribe buttons under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Cancellation Buttons

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #12772

Hi Eduan,

Makes me wonder what the difference is between the PayPal® Pro Billing Cancellation Forms and the button you point out here.
Nonetheless, thatnks a lot for the link.

Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 4:38 pm #12773
Eduan

Hello Boudewijn,
I’ve done some simple tests, and as far as I can tell, the only difference is that the pro-form has some extra text, unlike the button, which is just a button.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 4:47 am #12791

it helps Eduan, tx for the tip

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 11:20 am #12797
Eduan

You’re welcome Boudewijn,
glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 2:56 am #12874

The button will take the person to PayPal to manage the subscription from his account. The pro-form will be able to handle the subscriptions created with PayPal Pro, which aren’t tied to a PayPal account.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.