latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

question about digital goods

Home Forums Community Forum question about digital goods

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 4:34 pm #33044
mark v
Username: mvav

I have quite a bit of software that i sell based on adobe air. In order to make the adobe air software secure i use “installation badges” on web pages. the customer never actually downloads the file then installs it. it installs direct from the “installation badge”. its not perfect but cuts down big time on pirating my software.

so with that in mind does the s2members system allow for a customer to purchase temporary (timed by hours or days) access to a webpage as a product and not a membership level? And is the page temporary or static, meaning does it go away or is it a permanent page on the server?

I haven’t actually used s2members yet so i am not really sure how the system works. But i really like what i have read about it so far. just need to know if this is possible before i commit to a purchase and spend time trying to make it work.

thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 5:47 pm #33059
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

Yes, the Specific Post/Page feature would be perfect for what you’re doing. You’ll need to create a WordPress Post/Page that contains your Adobe Air Installation Badge, and then you can protect that page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions) and then generate a purchase button or form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons or with s2Member Pro Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms).

When generating the purchase button/form, you can specify the duration of time the purchaser should have access to that Post/Page. Upon purchase, the customer will receive an email with a special link that gives them access to that page.

The Posts/Pages will be permanent pages (at least for as long as you want to sell that product).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:31 pm #33062
mark v
Username: mvav

prefect. thank you. i will be purchasing s2 this weekend. that was the big key for it all to work.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:00 pm #33336
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Great! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.