latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Question about upgrades to subscriptions

Home Forums Community Forum Question about upgrades to subscriptions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 3:02 am #18999
David Wang
Username: clickwp

I’m using s2Member to sell subscriptions to my WordPress support services. Here are my plans:

Free member – $0
Level 1 – $19 / mo
Level 2 – $49 / mo
Level 3 – $99 / mo
Level 4 – $149 / mo

http://clickwp.com/wordpress-support/

The way my business model works, each subscription is tied to a website. For example, I would buy the $19/mo plan for site1.com, and if I want to, I can upgrade to the $49/mo plan. However these plans are always for site1.com.

Now the problem is that my customer base is growing, and some even have more than 1 website. I know that I can’t sell them Level 1 for site1.com and another Level 1 plan for site2.com, so I’m wondering how to do this with custom capabilities.

The other thing I would like is to show the support plans they are subscribed to on their account page, e.g.

Hi there [s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_DISPLAY_NAME" /].

Here are your current subscriptions:

Level 1 for site1.com, subscribed 1 Jan 2012
Level 2 for site2.com, subscribed 1 July 2012

Is there any way I can do that? Please explain it like I’m 5, thanks :D

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 3:23 am #19000
David Wang
Username: clickwp

Just came up with an idea for how to do this. I can create a textarea profile field that is “uneditable & invisible, both during & after registration”. In that field I can type in their sites:

Level 1 for site1.com @ $19 / mo  
subscribed 1 Jan 2012  

Level 2 for site2.com @ $49 / mo   
Subscribed 1 July 2012

So the trick is to upgrade the member from the $19 to $49 plan. They’ll have to do this on their end right? I can’t raise the monthly recurring amount they pay me through PayPal can I? So, how can I upgrade the member? Thanks

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:19 am #19113
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

s2Member currently only supports one recurring subscription per user account. So you cannot have two separate recurring subscriptions (Level 1 and Level 2) for the same account. We’re working to improve this functionality in the next major release of the plugin.

However, you can adjust the monthly recurring amount for an existing recurring subscription using the Billing Modification form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms).

You’d need to provide an area where existing members can add new sites and for each site they add, you’d present them with a Billing Modification form. The tricky part will be calculating the recurring amount for the new subscription.

You’d also need to add something to their existing account when (I think a Custom Capability here is your only option; you’d add this to the dynamically generated Billing Modification form that you present to them) that identifies they have a second site attached to their account. You could even get fancy with the Custom Capability naming, using a format like “site1-dot-com-lvl-1” for Site1.com at Level 1.

However, you’d need to take into account users who want to upgrade existing sites to a higher level; your custom code would need to determine what Level the site is currently at and then present them with a Billing Modification form that is configured to adjust the recurring amount appropriately. The custom code would also need to remove the ccap “site1-dot-com-lvl-1” and add ccap “site1-dot-com-lvl-2” to reflect the fact the user has upgraded.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.