latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Random "ID Not Found" error on s3/cf videos

Home Forums Community Forum Random "ID Not Found" error on s3/cf videos

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Inoxys 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:59 am #58970
Inoxys
Username: Inoxys

Hi,

Videos works fine for me but not for few friends currently testing my web site. The JW player display the message “Error Loading Stream: ID Not Found on Server” instead of the video.

My s2member pro version is: 130731

I found many posts about the same problem. The more close to mine seems to be this one : http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/random-id-not-found-error-on-s3cf-videos/

I tested with or without RTMP shortcode but it doesn’t change anything.

Here is HTTP request associated to the error:

GET /cours-intro-approche-agile/bienvenue.mp4?Policy=...Signature=...
HTTP/1.1 Host: d2cvxaoup8m2oo.cloudfront.net
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,fr-fr;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Referer: http://membre.agiliste.fr/jwplayer/jwplayer.flash.swf
Connection: keep-alive

and response

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: CloudFront Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 17:06:20 GMT
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 116
Connection: keep-alive
X-Cache: Error from cloudfront
X-Amz-Cf-Id: ...

<Code>MalformedPolicy

Malformed Policy

Any advice? Is it an Amazon issue?

Regards
Florent

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Inoxys.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Inoxys.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 4th, 2013 at 7:10 am #59101
Manni01
Username: Manni01

Did you try to ask your friends some info about their OS, browser software/version to see if you can pinpoint the issue to something more precise?

For example, you seem to have used Firefox to get this error, did you try to access the same file from the same client using Chrome or IE?

As it looks like you are located in France, is might also be a regional setting issue, or a server accessibility issue depending on the region you and your friends are located. Did you try to see if their was a common problematic region? Did you try to relocate your files into an s3 server located in a different region (say US if you chose a closer region, or non-US if you kept the US default)?

Or are you saying that the files that don’t work don’t work for everyone (and not only for some of your testing friends)?

Posted: Thursday Sep 5th, 2013 at 5:57 am #59148
Inoxys

I don’t think the problem come from the browser. One of my friend met the error with firefox and linux at home and with chrome and IE11 on windows 8 at work. Concerning the location, I successfuly see videos with my account and this friend’s account. My friend and me are un France.

So I made a new S3 bucket on “Ireland” region (the current bucket is on “US Standard” region), it is the closest location but I thing I could have few french speaking customers from Canada so I don’t know if it is a good choice. I uploaded videos again on this bucket. I updated the bucket name in S2Member config. Then I checked the box “Yes, automatically configure my Amazon® CloudFront Distributions & Amazon® S3 ACLs for me.” and I get an error message:

“Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Unable to disable existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Bad Request”

Should I delete manually my current distibutions ?

Posted: Thursday Sep 5th, 2013 at 6:14 am #59149
Manni01
Username: Manni01

I am in the UK and have chosen Ireland too, so I know it works (although I haven’t done extensive testing yet).

Yes I would reconfigure Cloudfront manually (ie delete and recreate the cloudfront link to make sure it links to the new bucket, and reconfigure s2members) to make sure it’s sourcing the videos from the right place.

Also you said it didn’t matter if RTMP was used or not in your case, but if you use RTMP make sure you select the option with fallback, as at the moment many devices (primarily iOS ones, but possibly others) can’t handle RTMP which leads to errors too with some users. Hopefully we’ll soon have a solution to display RTMP on iOS.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Manni01.
Posted: Friday Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:59 am #59200
Inoxys

Ok, I re-configured my S2member with my new bucket but my friend still get the error. With firefox, chrome and IOS.

I posted a thread on Amazon : https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=134021

The answer is :

it seems that the reason the file cannot be streamed is because you have signing enabled on your cloudfront distribution and the player is sending either a wrong or malformed policy as you can see in the CF response: Malformed Policy. Please check that you are signing the URL in the correctly with the right Policy and signature.

I asked them how I can check this and I’m waiting for the answer…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.