latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Random "ID Not Found" error on s3/cf videos

Home Forums Community Forum Random "ID Not Found" error on s3/cf videos

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 7:19 pm #54540

I first discussed about this problem a couple of months ago: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/error-loading-stream-id-not-found-on-server/.

I’ve already configured S3 and CF and the videos are already working. I didn’t change anything on s2member or S3/CF. However, there are times when the videos don’t play and they just display the “ID not found” error on the server. The last issue happened a couple of days ago. Now it’s resolved again.

We’re just in the testing phase but it’s a cause of concern for my client because we’re launching the site this August and we have a large user base so random errors like this is not very good. Could you please let us know what could be causing this and what can we do to fix it?

Site: http://www.onemorelesbian.com/tello

Let me know if you need access to the backend.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:29 pm #54607

Do any these files see regular updates (e.g. do they change very often); or do they get moved around from time to time? I mention this because CloudFront serves as a mirror of sorts. It’s possible that some edge locations are not picking up on changes as fast as you’d like; and at times the files are missing?

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm #54781

None of the files have been updated/replaced. They’ve been there since we set up s2member in May.

Right now the error is still displaying. If you need admin access to wordpress, let me know and I will set up a temporary account. Thanks.

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 5:30 pm #54787

None of the files have been updated/replaced. They’ve been there since we set up s2member in May.

I would contact Amazon about this. If files are not found via CloudFront, that’s something that Amazon should have a record of, and they might be able to offer you some insight on this. It may also be worth a look at your log files for Amazon CloudFront (or enable logging on the underlying Bucket) and keep tabs on this for errors.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:00 pm #55062

Okay, thanks. I will try that.

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 4:34 pm #55235

My client reported that she’s getting the same error (Error loading stream. ID Not Found.) when she’s using Internet Explorer. It plays fine for her on Safari and Firefox but not on IE9.

When I try to play via IE8, I get the fallback video download option.

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 7:38 pm #55251

Thank you. Attempting to reproduce this in s2Member®. One moment please.

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 7:46 pm #55253

Sorry, unable to reproduce this so far.

Please let us know what we’re missing.
Tested in WordPress® v3.6 and s2Member® 130802 running JW Player v6.
Demo video running an MP4 file loads fine in IE8, IE9 and IE10.

Shortcode produced a valid video stream powered by Amazon S3/CloudFront on the back-end of this.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="video.mp4" rewrite="yes" /]

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 10:55 pm #55265

Please try player=”jwplayer-v6-rtmp”

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 4:58 am #55273

Thanks for the follow-up. I ran tests against this in IE8, 9, 10. Still unable to reproduce thus far.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="video.mp4" rewrite="yes" /]
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:11 am #55287

Do you know of any reason why it wouldn’t play on IE9?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 2:11 pm #55304

I’m sorry, there is nothing jumping right out at me on this. So far we’ve been unable to reproduce this on our side of things. However, one thing that is worth checking, is the version of JW Player that you’re using. You might want to just download and install the absolute latest copy of JW Player to rule out any bugs in the player JavaScript file.

You may also want to search the LongTail forums for a solution to this, because this really is not related specifically to s2Member® (from what I’ve seen thus far); it really looks like it’s a problem with JW Player on your end. For instance, here is a thread you may find helpful. I would look for others like this and see if you can track it down.

Here is another thread that suggests changing your site’s DOCTYPE may help solve this.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16319290/jwplayer-not-working-properly-in-ie-9-but-works-on-chrome-and-ie-10
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 8:00 pm #55332

Okay, thanks very much for your help, Mike.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 8:15 pm #55333

Very welcome. I’m sorry I can’t do more.
~ When you do figure this out, I will appreciate it if you can update this thread (if you think about it). That would be great and may help others also :-)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 12:16 am #55338

Here’s another update:

The video plays when I don’t use rtmp.

It seems my network/ISP is also somehow responsible for the ID Not Found error. I was at my friend’s last night and the videos play (with or without rtmp on the shortcode). Now I’m back home and I can’t play the videos again (except the ones not using rtmp). I prefer to use rtmp for video streaming because I’m distributing premium videos.

Any thoughts?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:35 am #55340

Ah, thanks for reporting back on this. It sounds like your ISP does not allow you to access RTMP video. Or, perhaps it’s just your router configuration. I would suggest calling your ISP to inquire about this and perhaps get some tech support from them on this matter. They should be able to clear this up.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.