latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Modules

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Modules

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Alex Read 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 8th, 2013 at 5:09 am #60936
Alex Read
Username: lab41

I want to offer clients the option of 15 different modules on a monthly basis.

A customer signs up and pays $30 for a basic monthly access.

BUT they might want to purchase a number of addon modules.

So what they would do is go through my products/addon list and select multiple products.

I.e. hosting at $10pm, web maintenance $5pm, spam protection $3.

My issue is how to enable them to select the 5 out of 15 modules that they want without having 15 paypal buttons for each module?

They would all have the same duration as it would be ongoing monthly amount indefinitely.

So a random customer might look like:
Basic Access $30p.m
Hosting $10pm
Spam Protection $5p.m
Total = $45pm.

The issue is the random choice of addons by the user.

Any simple solutions for this?

Regards

Alex

P.s. I’ve watched http://www.s2member.com/videos/A2C07377CF60025E/ and don’t fully know how to do this? Other membership plugins have a much easier module integration system.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 8th, 2013 at 8:20 pm #60956
cassel
Username: cassel

As far a s I know, s2M is not set up as a shopping cart, meaning that you cannot make more than one purchase at the time so your scenario would not be handled by s2M.

The custom capabilities videos you watched refer to individual “items” or “groups of items” but always into a SINGLE purchase/package. It is like either you buy one razor, or one pack of blades, or a combined pack of razor and blades, but still being considered a SINGLE item on your bill.

If you want to create packages, you can, but it is not very convenient as you might end up with many many such “packages” like Items1+2, Items 1+3, Items 1+2+3, and so on. The issue is that you can have ONE purchase for ONE package (however you want to combine things or how many you want to include).

One way around it is to have the customer purchase all those separately (which is not convenient). Furthermore, you can have ONLY ONE recurring payment, so if a customer pays for Item1 in a recurring way, as soon as they will buy Item2 (which is also a recurring payment), the payment for Item1 will stop. Again, this is NOT a solution.

You likely need a shopping cart instead of a membership plugin.

Posted: Monday Nov 11th, 2013 at 2:19 am #60998
Alex Read
Username: lab41

Thanks. I’ve been recommended amember.com to handle these modules and it seems to also offer this as well as a membership system which is exactly what i need. Was hoping for an easier solution and feel that s2member really should offer this in an easy to use manner. Because my visitors really are members and just need to choose different service packages depending on their product.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.