latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Payments Button Error

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Payments Button Error

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 4:06 pm #8859
Tad
Username: ynpntech

Hi,

I had the buttons working prior to last update, but now they don’t for recurring payments. I setup a test here: http://ynpn.org/phoenix/member-payment-test/. When it goes to PayPal it says:

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

I am generation the code from Button generator. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dana

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:34 pm #8864
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dana, thanks for your inquiry.

This error suggests that you have a plugin or theme incompatibility.

Could you please try disabling every plugin except s2Member, and generate a new button, and see if it works. If it does work, it means that one of the plugins you deactivated were not compatible with s2Member.

If you could also try changing the theme to the WordPress default (TwentyEleven), and see if it works.

If it doesn’t, could you please generate a PayPal button over at paypal.com following the instructions on this KBA:
Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

Thanks, and I hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 6:13 pm #8867
Tad

But it wasn’t there before and the theme is from Primo Themes, made for s2member, it’s s2clean. Could that really be an issue? This is a multisite network that is very active, so I don’t want to disable things without need. Have you seen this issue before? If so, what kind of plugins seem to cause this conflict?

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 6:18 pm #8868
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

If the theme is the s2Clean theme, then it’s very improbable that the theme is the cause.

I have seen this issue before, it was mostly caused by a theme or plugin, and if it couldn’t be fixed by disabling the theme or the plugins, then it could be fixed by generating the button over at PayPal, like the KBA I showed you ( http://www.s2member.com/kb/using-paypal-created-buttons/ ).

I don’t remember very well what kind of theme or plugin caused this issue, most of the times they didn’t even write a reply after they fixed their problem. ;)

I suggest you try making the button at PayPal and see if that fixes it.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:30 pm #8937
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Dana,

Could you please share the button shortcode that you’re using to generate that test button?

Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:13 am #9041
Tad

Here’s the shortcode I just generated from s2member for reference:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="4" ccaps="" desc="Platinum / For platimum membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="ynpn.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="30.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 5:33 am #9096

Hi Dana.

The error you mention getting, I’ve seen come up because of a theme or plugin messing up the post parsing. If the theme is Primo Theme’s I can guess it’s a plugin.

Could you please, as a test, deactivate other plugins one by one and refresh the page to try the button again after each?

To deactivate plugins just in that page, you could try this plugin:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.