latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect back to page after login

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect back to page after login

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  julien des 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 1st, 2013 at 7:03 am #58939
julien des
Username: xzulien

The question is almost everywhere on forum, but none has a real and recent answer.
I need to redirect unregistered people to the original protected page they’ve tried to open, right after login.

I know there is a widget, but this is not something I want to use. I want the same behavior by default, fair all users.

– User is trying to access protected page – Ok
– User is redirected to the membership page form – NOT OK

===> I’m thinking that this is strange : we should have either the “login/register page” : e.g. “Please login or register to view this content”, and then after login, we should be able to be redirected automatically to the protected page

===> Ok, so let’s say this is not strange. So, we get to the membership page. We say “The page you are trying to access is protected, please review the following membership options, or login to access protected content”. Problem is that once you go to the login form, you are redirected to this “membership page”. Instead I should be able to redirect users right to the protected page.

I’ve been playing since months with S2member, and now I got the pro version, I don’t find anything that is really clear. Problem is that this redirection scenario is really confusing for users, who feel lost in a second.

So, my question is : do we have simple, and clean solution to handle tis scenario.
Again I don’t want users to be able to choose their redirection scenario, I want the same logical and simple scenario for all.
Thnkx

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.