latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirect to Login Welcome Page not working

Home Forums Community Forum Redirect to Login Welcome Page not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 10:55 am #38414

Hi

My test users (level 0 and level 1) get directed to the Home Page instead of the Login Welcome Page when they log in. I have followed the instructions, and selected the Login Welcome Page under s2Member/General Options/Login Welcome Page.

My Login Welcome Page does show the message

This Page is your:
Login Welcome Page
( automatically guarded by s2Member )

so that part is working.

Any suggestions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 12:21 pm #38421

To clarify; Your members are being sent to the wrong page upon login, despite s2Member setting it to another page?

If this is the case, there is most likely a conflicting plugin, something that interacts with logins. Try disabling your plugins, and seeing if it works, if not, let me know.

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:18 pm #38430

That’s right.

I disabled the ‘Members Only’ plugin, and users are now being sent to the login page.

I’m using Members Only plugin whilst I build my site, so that nobody can actually access my pages (Members Only is set to allow access to my site only to logged in members – others are redirected to a ‘Site under construction’ page).

Is there a way of protecting my site without using Members Only? It isn’t ready for the public yet.

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 1:26 pm #38433
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:36 pm #38972

Thanks – I’ll have a look at that.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:36 pm #38973
Eduan
Username: Eduan

As Alec suggested, using a maintenance mode is the best way to go here, allowing only admin users to enter your website, while the rest are stuck with the “Coming soon…” page.

This achieves the same effect as having a new index.html file, but without messing up anything. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.