latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

redirecting to different pages -ccaps, levels

Home Forums Community Forum redirecting to different pages -ccaps, levels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason eH 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 11:11 pm #21851

can i create different profile editing pages for different membership levels or custom capabilities

can someone be redirected automatically to one page over another basedon roles and capabilities

i.e. an employee logs in and sees the employees pages and their profile, a team manager logs in and sees management pages and a manger profile

i understand that you can hide nav menu items based on user levels and ccaps? that might be part of the solution,

but inital redirect after login or registration to different pages – is that easy?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 8:10 am #21862
cassel
Username: cassel

I can offer you a partial response with something i was explained in here where i started. At the time, using the menu “conditionally” was not an easy thing so i did something a little different: a redirect depending on the ccap.

Here is an example. I have the sale pitch on this page
http://scrapbookcampus.com/register-basic-scrap-course-with-psp/
and the page with links for those who already purchased here
http://scrapbookcampus.com/welcome-to-the-basic-scrapping-course/

So, try the second link. It will briefly flash and direct you to the first one, because you do not have the necessary ccap.

Here is the code i am using on one of the sale page for the “basic” ccap

window.location = ‘http://scrapbookcampus.com/welcome-to-the-basic-scrapping-course/’;

What it says is that if the visitor has the “basic” ccap (or is an admin), send them to the other page instead. I had to add the admin so i could access the page myself if i needed to check something. I added that conditional for both pages.

So in light of this, i am pretty sure you can do something similar for the roles you are wanting. Of course, if you want something with the navigation menu, someone will come and give you the details about that.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 10:32 am #21865

thanks for the response – i will look into it more when i have time, i know the nav menus can be set to only show links to pages that the user has access to – it is a new feature i guess in the pro version…

on first glance it appears as though your redirect works, you given me hope! :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.