latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirection Multisite

Home Forums Community Forum Redirection Multisite

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 2:52 am #48543

I keep having redirection issues lately where users get redirected to the root domain rather then to correct sub-domain to register after making their payment with paypal, anyone have any advice on how to solve this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm #48583
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jaime,

Could you please post the shortcode that you are using in order for me to check what the problem may be? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 9:49 pm #48604

Hi Eduan thanks for taking the time! Below is the shortcode I’m using:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Prep Package / Prep package $25 for one year access" ps="prep" lc="GB" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="domain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="25.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="http://domain.com/prep1/files/2012/12/prep.gif" output="button" /]
Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 8:47 pm #48638
Eduan

So this button is what you use in the sub-domain correct?

Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 11:30 pm #48642

Correct

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:01 pm #48697
Eduan

Well the only problem I can find with it is the fact that the custom attribute has the main domain as a value.

Tryc hanging that to the actual URL of your website. So instead of “domain.com” it should be “sub.domain.com” or “domain.com/sub”, depending on which one is the case.

That’s really the only problem I can find with it…

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:09 am #48775

Hi Eduan, well then in that case it seems to be a bug since the paypal button generator in s2member keeps giving me the “domain.com”. I’l try changing it to “domain.com/sub” and see what happens, hopefully the issue will be fixed.
Once again thanks for the help Eduan!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:07 pm #48871
Eduan

No problem. :)

Hope that solves the issue. Looking forward to your post. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 10:31 pm #50409

Ok so unfortunately the problem seems to remain. Users are being redirected and registered at the root domain instead of the right subsite…this is a problem because after the user pay’s they don’t get access to the content they paid for and I have to manually add them to the correct subsite.

Possible workaround?

Step 1, Disable automatic redirection after the user has paid to be paypal but rather having the user obtain the registration url from the confirmation email.

So my question: is there a way to disable the automatic redirection from paypal?

Step 2, Change to the registration url sent in the paypal confirmation email from the automatically generated ( %%registration_url%%) to manually adding the url to the correct subsite registration page (domain.com/subsite1/wp-login.php?action=register)

My question for step 2: Is will s2member still recognize that this is a paying customer if I manually add the correct registration url in the paypal confirmation email?

Hope to get some feedback on my 2 questions, thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 10:26 pm #50529
Eduan

So my question: is there a way to disable the automatic redirection from paypal?

Yes and no… You need the pro version and you’re not actually disabling it, you’re just specifying exactly to where it should redirect. So it could just redirect to the homepage for example…

Step 2, Change to the registration url sent in the paypal confirmation email from the automatically generated ( %%registration_url%%) to manually adding the url to the correct subsite registration page (domain.com/subsite1/wp-login.php?action=register)

You can do this, but then it would not automatically check which sub website’s URL it should output. It would just output whatever you tell it to output.

My question for step 2: Is will s2member still recognize that this is a paying customer if I manually add the correct registration url in the paypal confirmation email?

Pretty sure no. Since this URL is a very special URL that’s generated for each and every transaction. So it has to be automatic I’m afraid.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 11:55 pm #50695

Thanks for the help Eduan, so I think I have solved my problem. It seems to have been a conflict with s2member and theme my login plugin

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 1:52 pm #50852
Eduan

OK. Glad you found the problem. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.