latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Redirection nightmare

Home Forums Community Forum Redirection nightmare

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:22 pm #21127
Andy Frew
Username: frewdaddy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:25 pm #21129
Andy Frew

**UPDATE**

Not sure if this makes any difference…but I don’t need to deactivate the plugin to stop the auto redirect. All I need to do is remove the Membership Options Page selection (just change the drop-down to “select”) and everything goes back to normal.

But this, in effect, deactivates the plugin, right? There’s a notice at the top saying that nothing will happen unless that page is selected.

Anyway – just in case that makes a difference.

Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 7:18 pm #21192
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andy,

Could you please check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions and make sure that there isn’t any URI that would block the homepage?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 10:34 pm #21197
Andy Frew

Hey there…

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there was nothing in the URI Access Restrictions.

Really strange. It wasn’t happening when I first installed it, so it’s got to be a setting of some kind. No idea how to get this thing figured out though. Ugh.

Thanks again.

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:32 am #21232
Eduan

Well, the other thing I would tell you to do would be to check if it’s a compatibility problem.

For the theme just change back to the default theme that WordPress uses (TwentyEleven).

And for the plugins simply disable all the plugins except s2Member, and if the problem disappears it means that a plugin is causing a conflict, so you just enable them one-by-one until you find the culprit.

You would of course have to do tests each time you enable a plugin back.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #27458
Erin Weiss
Username: eweiss

Andy, did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I’m having the same issue.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:24 pm #27466
Andy Frew

Hi Erin…

Unfortunately, no. I tried going through all the plugins, but there didn’t seem to be a fix that way…and even if it was a plugin – the only plugins I have enabled are ones I need for the site to work.

I ended up having to find a workaround using a combination of a bunch of plugins. It’s not ideal, but it works. And to be completely fair – I wasn’t using s2 in the way it was intended to be used, it just seemed to be the best option for a “one plugin does it all” solution.

I really like how s2 is set up though. If you’re able to stick it out, I’d encourage you to keep looking into the plugins and digging through the forums.

Sorry I couldn’t be an actual help!

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #27467
cassel
Username: cassel

Erin, did you get this problem right from the start or was it working fine at one point and then started to redirect when you didn`t want it to?

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:56 pm #27469
Erin Weiss
Username: eweiss

I noticed it the day I installed s2Member and tried to use replacement codes for the first time. I just posted about this issue on another tread so I’m sorry to repeat it, but here’s more of my issue in detail…

I’m building a free site that has a paid portion available to users. I set up user level #1 as the paid membership option. I want to use replacement codes in order to get each paid individual access to their own portal home page where I can display their specific information that no one else can see.

I changed the special redirection URL to http://www.livelifeactive.com/%%current_user_login%%

When I do this, it messes up the homepage for all of my free members. It sends them to my membership options page to log in. I don’t want that to happen. I want the free users to be directed to my home page http://www.livelifeactive.com still because they are not required to go the paid membership route.

Any ideas on how I can solve my issue? Thanks again SO much for any help you can give me!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:56 am #30736

This is happening to me and now know why. I had set me Login Welcome Page to be my Home page, and this is a conflict with s2member. I’ve taken it off now, but s2member still says my home page requires level 0 access. In other words only members (free and above) can see my home page. Not sure how to fix it just yet.

But make sure you haven’t set your Login Welcome Page to be your home page.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 3:23 pm #30794
Eduan

Just wanted to point out, you can use your website’s URL as a login welcome page, instead of using selecting your homepage as the login welcome page.

Just check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page, instead of choosing a page, enter a URL (the URL to your website).

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:32 pm #43823

Ok this is my query.
I have one website where clients can view my product etc. If they decide to purchase and click on the ‘buy now’ buttons in my Membership Options page, they get redirected to my second website to a membership Options page to purchase a Membership via the PayPal buttons. (they cannot access the rest of the site as it is restricted to Members only).
I’ve done this for 2 reasons. 1. because I wanted a separate site for Members (coz it has more perceived value) than having members log in on my products site and 2. if they purchase from the second site, the user ends up in the back end of WordPress/S2members users with all their details and EOT dates.
Now I’ve created an accounts page for each separate client which they land on immediately, which houses their info such as membership purchased, time remaining on membership etc. I used the http://www.example.com/%%current_user_login%%-account-page code you recommended in one of your articles.
This works great as each different user lands on their own personal page and then can view the rest of the site like all other members but their account page is their own. Therefore I have not used the normal ‘welcome to the members area’ login page.
The issue is that if I restrict this account page for each separate user (as I have all other pages on this second membership site), they get redirected to my Membership page. If I un restrict the page, they land on their account page no problems. The issue is that when they expire as a member and attempt to log in, they should be redirected to the Membership options page but they land on their account page because I can’t restrict it! so it makes no sense to have members with expiry dates because they can still access their account page. What’s the fix for this if there is one?
Claude (sorry for long message).

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:01 pm #43891

This started all of a sudden for me too? Anyone found a solution to this problem?

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 12:40 pm #45983
John Ashcroft
Username: ja1nsa

ok, I have PAID for this, most of it works, but I am not in the mood to be palmed off. This has also happen to me. As it has all the other people above and many other posted requests for support. FIN THE SOLUTION, then you can post it and be done with all these complaints.

My website is http://www.mytradesman.co.za

Accessed from Admin, works fine. Accessed from non-registered user I get redirected to the member options page. I DO NOT WANT THIS!! All I need is for 1 group of people (tradesman) to be forced to register if they have not already done so. I do this be setting the Tradesman Area page to redirect to member options. NO OTHER page should re-direct.

PLEASE advise.

Regards

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 9:16 am #46134
Eduan

Hello John,

Could you please post this in the customer forums so that you may get support from the support reps? Thanks!

– Eduan

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.