latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Refund

Home Forums Community Forum Refund

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 4:40 am #40900

Shortly after I installed S2Member Pro and signed up 40-50 members my website crashed/got hacked. I’m not sure what happened or if it’s related to S2MemberPro. Either way, I am no longer using S2Member or WordPress, since I don’t have the know-how or resources to fix such problems. I have gone back to flat html.

Is there any chance I can get a refund for the purchase of S2MemeberPro

Many thanks

Matthew

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 7:10 pm #41108
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry to hear that. However, we ask that you please review our terms/conditions, regarding our refund policy on digital goods. Reference: http://www.s2member.com/terms/#s2-terms-refund-policy

We will only consider a refund for digital goods (within the first 30 days), and only if the product failed to perform as advertised on our website. If you continue to have trouble with s2Member, we ask that you please continue this conversation in our support forums. We’ll be happy to assist in any way that we can.

Shortly after I installed S2Member Pro and signed up 40-50 members my website crashed/got hacked.

– Who was your hosting provider please?

– What other plugins/themes were you running in concert with s2Member?

– Do you suspect that anyone obtained access to your FTP/SFTP login credentials?

– Did you create a Security Encryption Key in your s2Member® Dashboard?
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Encryption Key

– When you say “hacked”, please clarify what you mean exactly.

– Did you secure your WordPress® installation with Security Salts as recommended by s2Member? See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Security_Keys

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:47 pm #41137

I JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THAT I DO NOT BLAME S2MEMBER-PRO FOR ANY OF THIS. THE S2MEMBER PLUGIN IS AWESOME, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT. The reason I deleted my entire WordPress/S2Member installation is I don’t have a developer on staff to fix such dramas and we can achieve our goals with html (we which know how to code/fix). The bottom line is that my website crashed, I couldn’t fix it, and I was loosing money so I went back to Dreamweaver and third party hosted platforms

Who was your hosting provider please? – Planet Domain (.net)

– What other plugins/themes were you running in concert with s2Member? – Askiment, google xml, super cache, wpbackup, better WP security – nothing major)

– Do you suspect that anyone obtained access to your FTP/SFTP login credentials? – No

– Did you create a Security Encryption Key in your s2Member® Dashboard? – Yes

– When you say “hacked”, please clarify what you mean exactly – If only I knew. Connections between database and host were interrupted. Database tables were corrupted with the .frm error of #1033 – Incorrect information in files:

wp_comments_meta
wp_comments
wp_links
wp_options
wp_post_meta
wp_posts
wp_terms user_meta
wp_ users

This was most probably a server error and I blame the host although others have suspected foul play within the WP platform with malicious scripts.

– Did you secure your WordPress® installation with Security Salts – no I secured my site with the Better Security plugin.

I read your refund policy. That’s cool. It’s only $97.00 and for that money I got way more than I paid for anyway. I’m quite happy if you keep it. Buy yourself a few beers, you guys do a great job. I’m just not yet setup (yet) to do the WordPress php thing properly so I am going back to the KISS principle.

Cheers

Matt

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #41141
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

– When you say “hacked”, please clarify what you mean exactly – If only I knew. Connections between database and host were interrupted. Database tables were corrupted with the .frm error of #1033 – Incorrect information in files:

wp_comments_meta
wp_comments
wp_links
wp_options
wp_post_meta
wp_posts
wp_terms user_meta
wp_ users

Thanks for posting these details. OK, so you’re not sure that you were actually hacked; but what you do know is that your database tables got corrupted in some way; or that your communication with the database was stifled somehow. Is that correct?

An FRM error would generally indicate database corruption.
Did anyone make an attempt to run a REPAIR against this MySQL tables for you?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.