latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Register form for individual and company

Home Forums Community Forum Register form for individual and company

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Tyron Layley 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:12 pm #28587

Hi, I am trying to create the subscribe form for users to signup and pay but I need to have an option for them to sign up as an individual or as a business (if they are a business and have a VAT number they won’t have to pay VAT). Each form will have slightly different fields…see below.

For example:

Individual will have the usual:

Name
Email
Username
Password
Country / City

If you are a business it will have:

Company Name
Registered Address
Country / City
Vat Number (if registered company)
Name
Email
Username
Password
Country / City

Could you help or direct me to any documentation that could help me with this.

Thanks,

Tyron

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:37 am #28673

Hi Tyron.

You can specify what levels the custom profile fields would be shown to. So if you specify a field for level 1 users, then only the signup for level 1 would show that field. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Applicable levels[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 9:06 am #28680

Hi, I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I would like 2 alternative forms for the same member level. So level 1 user chooses if they are an individual or company and then depending on what they choose they will be presented with the appropriate form.

Thanks,

Tyron

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #28753
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If you want different Custom Registration Fields to appear on the same level Pro-Form, you will need to create your own custom Pro-Form templates (see: Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?).

You will then need to use the template=”” shortcode attribute in your Pro-Form shortcode to specify the custom template you want to use for that specific Pro-Form. See the following description taken from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained):

template=”” 100% optional. This can be a custom template file that exists inside your WordPress® theme directory. For example: template=”checkout.php”.

Of course you’ll still need to create the Custom Registration fields in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields.

After you create the Custom Registration Fields, you’ll need to build a custom Pro-Form template so that you can specify it in your Pro-Form shortcode.

The easiest way to build a custom Pro-Form template would be to simply display a Pro-Form on a page with all the Custom Registration Fields visible, then view the HTML source for that page and copy the HTML for all the custom fields.

The default Pro-Form template file that you use as your starting template for your custom Pro-Form template won’t have any of your Custom Registration Fields in there because they’re dynamically added by s2Member when the Pro-Form loads.

So, you’ll need to add all that Custom Field HTML code into your custom template file manually. It’s easiest to just copy/paste the generated code instead of trying to retype it all. After copying the generated Custom Field HTML code, you’ll need to paste it into your custom Pro-Form template in the relevant spot, and then remove any Custom Fields that you don’t want to show up in this specific custom Pro-Form Template.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 4:10 am #28808

Thanks Raam. I will give that a try.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.