latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Register to Download

Home Forums Community Forum Register to Download

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:49 pm #7735
Ohm Miit
Username: sYpram

Hello,

I wanted to inquire whether if i can achieve following functionality with your free or pro script.

Let’s say we have case studies and white papers that we want customer to view and download. But before they actually get to download/view the content we would like them to fill out a registration form and upon form submission the file would be downloaded.

Please advise.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:47 pm #7803
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello Ohm,

You’ll need to make some customizations to achieve that exact functionality, but yes, it’s possible.

To limit the amount of customization, I would recommend requiring visitors to register before downloading files and then have them login to your site and choose from the downloads they want.

With s2Member, you can restrict WordPress posts/pages to specific levels. In your scenario, you could create a post/page that lists all of the downloads and then restrict that page to Level 0 (free subscriber). Then when a user registers and logs in, they will gain access to that download page.

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:10 pm #7808
Ohm Miit

Thanks for a prompt response Raam.

We have thought of the method you suggested but not many users are willing to sign-up at a visiting site.

So, do you guys offer customization? If so, what’s the effort required.

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:25 pm #7811

Hi Ohm.

You can protect the downloads at s2Member Level 0, which will make the non-logged in users to be redirected to the Membership Options Page. There you can tell them to login if they have an account, or register if they don’t. Free registration gives them that level of access, so they’ll be able to go back and download the files. You don’t need s2Member Pro for this.

The customization Raam mentioned would be required to make the download start automatically after registration.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:36 pm #7813
Ohm Miit

Thanks Cristián -that does help, but we are in a bizarre situation.

We are more interested in auto download after user fills out the registration form and submits it.

If there is an interest in customizing this feature-set for us, please let is know

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:16 pm #7815

I understand.

I suggest that you look at how you could use the Membership Options Page variables so you know what file the person tried to download before logging in. You could store this in a cookie and check it right after login to know what to give him.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.