latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Before Payment

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Before Payment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:58 am #39281
Anonymous
Username:

Hi,

I’m using the s2Member plugin for a site where you buy membership for one year but it varies. e.g the rate on my site is for people to sign up and pay $20 per year, per suburb (this is a mowing business so the clients pay me to work under my brand). So if I wanted 2 suburbs for one year I would have to pay $40 etc. I was wondering if there was a way to configure s2Member to make the person fill out a registration form before they pay? This is so I can tell them if a certain suburb is available (via a form which uses a database to know if a suburb is taken already), before they buy membership.
Please help!!
Thanks,

Hugh

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 3:12 pm #39788

Hi – I wondered the same thing, and although I haven’t actually done it I did find where the info is:

s2Member/Quick-Start Guide/Registration Before Checkout?

And I have done as they suggest and added conditionals to the Login Welcome Page so that Level 0 users can upgrade to Level 1 (so they keep their registration details).

Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 8:10 pm #40033
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Hugh,

If what you want is for users to register first, and then (and only then) be able to pay you. Then you can’t do it just like that with s2Member, although there is a simple workaround.

The work around you would use is the one Elizabeth is suggesting. Have the users register for free at level 0 and then offer them a buy now button, using s2Member conditionals.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:08 pm #40304
Anonymous
Username:

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 pm #40492
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No problem. :)

Glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.