latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Error – OOps you missed somethin

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Error – OOps you missed somethin

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:35 am #43449
Donald Downs
Username: dddowns

Upon a new member trying to register he gets an error saying he must enter his email address. But in fact he has.

I tried it and am getting the same error. Keeps saying that the email is a required field (and yes it was set up to be required) but with a valid email entered the pop up keeps appearing and asking for an email.

Need some help.

Thanks,

Don

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 1:37 pm #43519
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Donald,

Could you please give us a link to the page/post with the problem you’re describing.

Also, if possible, if you’re using a pro-form, could you please share the shortcode you’re using?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Mar 3rd, 2013 at 10:37 am #43657
Donald Downs

Thanks Eduan for your response. Somehow I missed the email for your comment so just came in and checked.

We tried on both of the following pages to register him unsuccessfully. I was able to add him manually.

http://www.downsteam.com/ (using the widget)
and
http://www.downsteam.com/wp-login.php?action=register

As for the short code:
I am not sure where to find that. Sorry, I am pretty much a user who configures a few plugins to use and then goes on. been so long since I set it up, I looked and now don’t know where to find what you need.

Really appreciate your help.

Don

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 4:45 pm #43720
Donald Downs

Is there anyone who can help with this. Support reps please – I need some help with this. been a user for quite sometime but can not continue to field every new registrant by entering them by hand.

Don

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:50 am #43861

Hi Donald.

I could reproduce the problem. It looks like a JavaScript conflict. I checked the Firefox Console and saw a JS error:

[05:43:58.640] TypeError: invalid ‘in’ operand b.blekko @ http://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/abv=4114775854/cloudflare.min.js :40

Could you deactivate the CloudFlare integration for a moment and reload the registration page to test if it works now? If not, then look for a conflict by another plugin or the theme. See: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #44217
Donald Downs

Cristian,
Thanks for your reply, but I don’t think that’s a cloudflare problem.
As far as I know Cloudflare is related to URL redirection and caching things.
Please let me know any other issue if you think is causing this.
I really want Cloudflare there on my site.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 9:31 am #44252
Donald Downs

Can any one out there solve this issue please.
Need help ASAP.
Thanks.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 9:55 am #44253
Donald Downs

Okay,
I checked for the plugin files inside my WP dashboard.
The

s2member.php

file is active, but when go to s2member/includes/

s2member.js

or s2member/includes

/s2member-min.js

it is showing it inactive
Is this the problem why JavaScript is not working?

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:30 pm #44306
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Could you please try these common troubleshooting tips:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #44419
Donald Downs

Cristian,
I have tried disabling Cloudflare but nothing helped.
Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 4:13 pm #44421
Donald Downs

Eduan,
In which directory should I upload the s2scanner file in order to check for network configuration errors?

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:30 am #44591

In which directory should I upload the s2scanner file in order to check for network configuration errors?

The WordPress directory, where wp-config.php is. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips » Server

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.