latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration for special events

Home Forums Community Forum Registration for special events

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 16th, 2012 at 2:02 pm #34789
fresatura
Username: fresatura

Hello,

I would like to give existing members the possibility to sign up for events:

• one -max. three events
  • once maybe twice a year.

There will be additional information needed during the sign up for the event

for example

• place of departure via radio button
  • authorization for pictures
  • and so on…

additional information and signup should be stored/attached to their account.
But currently, events should not be paid online.

I am not sure if I could realize this with only s2member installed or if I should add a event management plugin. But this seems a bit overdone for just a handful events/year.

Could you just point me in the right direction if there is an existing possibility to realize this via s2member?

Thank you very much in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 6:32 pm #34870

The additional info could be done with the custom profile fields. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

But to have max number of events or times a year, you’d have to customize with your own code and conditionals.

Payment doesn’t have to be online to use s2Member, but you will need to enter the info for s2Member manually.

Now, s2Member manages access, so if you won’t give/restrict access to content on your site based on what they paid, there’s no point in using it.

And an event manager may be better, I don’t know, haven’t used, but it’s more related to what you’ll do.

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 9:09 am #35428
fresatura
Username: fresatura

I am sorry I forgot to thank you for your reply. You are right it is much easier with an event manager. I decided to install a second plugin.

Posted: Monday Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:49 am #35467

Cool. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.