latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration form choices and mailchimp

Home Forums Community Forum Registration form choices and mailchimp

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  miranda rota 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 3rd, 2013 at 6:40 pm #60820
miranda rota
Username: tara2

My client holds events in different geographical areas (at present Manchester, London and uae) and in the registration form I have a dropdown menu for these 3 areas. I’ve set up mailchimp and done the api integration.

The client wants it so that when someone selects, say, London in the registration form that they are added to the London list in mailchimp, but ONLY the London List …not the Manchester or uae lists.

How can I accomplish this please?

Many thanks for your time

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 9:50 am #60837
cassel
Username: cassel

I am wondering if the client should look at it a different way. I am not sure that the single form can get the information into different LISTS in MC, but you can set up groups, and in which case, I think the customer’s choice will set them in different GROUPS of a single LIST.

Maybe read this article in the MC site: http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/what-is-a-group-and-why-would-i-want-to-set-one-up

This setup will allow for sending emails/notifications/auto-responders based on the group (which will be the customer’s choice) or send something to everyone in ONE email if needed too (ex: rate changes, super-special promotion, etc.)

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:20 am #60843
miranda rota

Cassel, you are such a god-send :)

Would I make the 3 different geographical locations be 3 different levels in S2M …one s2m level for each different location??

…Off now to read the mailchimp side of it in the link you’ve given. Thank you so much for your great help. (Your answer to someone else re seamless MC integration was very helpful too last night!)

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:30 am #60845
cassel
Username: cassel

Would I make the 3 different geographical locations be 3 different levels in S2M …one s2m level for each different location??

Honestly, I am not 100% sure because I have not used it, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere in this forum that there was a way to associate fields with MC. However, that is about as far as my knowledge goes.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable of the coding behind the scene could add more specific information to your particular situation.

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am #60849
miranda rota

Thank you Cassel …and yes, someone who knows will probably be along soon!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.