latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration form – Required checkbox

Home Forums Community Forum Registration form – Required checkbox

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Chris Paterson 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:25 am #42479

Hi.

I’m trying to include some checkboxes that have to be checked in user registration.

Basically some T&Cs.

The problem I’m having is that form still continues even if the check boxes are not checked.

They are empty to start with and I’ve set them to required. They are also non editable after registration.

Link to registration form: http://www.nomadkayakclub.co.uk/membership/membership-signup/adult-membership-signup/

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:44 am #42560

Hi Chris.

The JavaScript that displays a warning if a required field is missing, is working because it popped up when I didn’t fill out the required text fields.

Are you positive that the checkboxes were set to required? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 2:11 am #42656
Staff Member

Are there any JavaScript errors popping up on your site in the browser’s developer console?
Any JavaScript errors introduced by your theme or by other plugins could cause issues for s2Member® as well (i.e. unexpected behavior that can’t otherwise be explained).

See: FireBug (I recommend this tool for debugging JavaScript issues)

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 4:31 am #42685

Christián: Yes I’m sure the required option is selected for the checkboxes.

Jason: Please see Christián’s response – the javascript is working fine.

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:39 am #42690

Christián: Yes I’m sure the required option is selected for the checkboxes.

Got it. Could you confirm going to the settings for the checkbox fields and verify it’s set to required?

Jason: Please see Christián’s response – the javascript is working fine.

I’m not sure how likely it is, but it may not be impossible that the JS is working for some fields and not for others.

I’d try the troubleshooting tips for theme and plugin conflicts in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 6:07 am #42692

As I’ve already said twice, the checkbox fields are set to required.

I’ve tried using the default theme and de-activating all plugins (apart from s2member) and I still get the same problem.

One thing I have noticed, the text under the “Field Required” setting says this:

If yes, only Users/Members will be "required" to enter this field

Does this mean that if the person is new to the website, they won’t be required to check the field?

I need new people to have to check the field before being allowed to sign up.

Thanks, Chris

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 6:17 am #42696

Does this mean that if the person is new to the website, they won’t be required to check the field?

I think it’s just saying that it’ll only be required for those that aren’t administrators, but I’ll confirm with Jason.

If yes, only Users/Members will be "required" to enter this field.
* Administrators are exempt from this requirement.

I’ve tried using the default theme and de-activating all plugins (apart from s2member) and I still get the same problem.

Okay. Could you please submit the site’s info so I can take a look? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 7:56 am #42705
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

~ Investigating now.

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am #42707
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

This is caused by a parsing issue against the field IDs.

BUG FIX: Coming in the next maintenance release…
* (s2Member/s2Member Pro) **Bug Fix (Issue #41)** Custom Registration/Profile Fields with an ID that ended with `-[0-9]+` or `_[0-9]+` was sometimes failing JavaScript validation due to a parsing issue.

For now, you can resolve the issue on your installation by changing your Custom Registration/Profile Field IDs that end with disclaimer_3, disclaimer_4, etc — to disclaimer3, disclaimer4, etc (i.e. removing the underscores). Please change any IDs that end with _[0-9] or -[0-9] (by removing the dash or underscore). This will be fixed in the next maintenance release. Thanks for reporting it!

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 8:28 am #42710

Marvellous.

Thanks Jason.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.