latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Form skips a field

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Form skips a field

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:50 pm #9686

My registration field has four required fields (Username, Email Address, First Name, Last Name) followed by several optional fields, and a Captcha field at the end.
When tabbing through the form, it jumps from First Name to Captcha, skipping over Last Name.
The preference is set to collect First/Last Names during registration.
Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:23 am #9747

Hi John.

I see. Could you post a link to the registration page?

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:35 pm #9806
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 8:17 pm #9822

I see. That captcha is being added by another plugin, SI Captcha, and the input field has the same tabindex as the First Name, that’s why it goes there after it. You’ll need to fix the tabindex for the captcha field so it reflects the order of the fields in the form.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:34 pm #9838

Thanks, Cristian. I checked the SI Captcha options screen, but I don’t see how to change the field order. Can you tell me where to find that?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:46 pm #9840
Victor Font
Username: vfontjr

The file that needs to be changed is si-captcha.php on line 239. You need to change the tabindex to a number higher than 4. I just did it and it works fine.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 pm #9841

Thanks. I changed the tabindex to 14 and refreshed the registration page in the browser, but it’s still not working. Is there something else I need to do?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 pm #9842

Thanks Victor. :)

His previous field has tabindex 58, so I’d give the SI Captcha a 70 to be on the safe side, in case he feels like adding more custom fields later.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:16 pm #9843

Okay, changed the tabindex to 70. Still no good.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 2:06 am #9849

It still says tabindex 30. Verify that you saved your changes, or refresh your cache.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:17 am #9852

I downloaded the si-captcha.php file, opened it in Dreamweaver, and changed the tabindex value on line 239 to 70. Then I uploaded it, overwriting the old one, and then downloaded it again so I could check to make sure that the version on the server is the revised one. Then I cleared the cache in my browser. But when I open the registration page, the source view still shows the value at 30. What am I missing?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:51 am #9853

I don’t know. I think you should ask the SI Captcha developer if you’re editing that correctly.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.