latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Form w/ additional "Code" field?

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Form w/ additional "Code" field?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:47 am #20090
Joe
Username: Joe

Dear Support Team

I need to set up a registration form with a special “Code” field.

The scenario:

We publish a print magazine and distribute with each issue a code.
With this code, the user has access to a restricted page.
We have done this in typo3 and looking for a smooth solution in wordpress.

We need to find a way to get people use the registration form and fill in the code there that’s provided in our print magazine.
This code must match because with every issue (month) the code changes.

So we need to have a list of codes that is matched by the registration form.

We have 2 different membership levels:
Level 1 – (above mentioned scenario)
Level 2 – for our print subscribers (more restricted content)

All of these levels need to be free of charge.

We are trying the free version at the moment.

Is there a smooth way to get this done with s2members?

Looking forward to your reply.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:44 am #20185

Hi Joe.

s2Member doesn’t have this feature, but you could customize it a bit to achieve something that works for you.

s2Member Pro has the free registration pro-form, which lets people register for free at higher levels than Level 0. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

You can also give users custom capabilities, which may be useful if you want to show content based on the code the person used. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

The shortcode for the form can be adjusted with some PHP, so you can vary the form’s attributes using variables in the URL of the page where pro-form is, for example. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

You can have, for example:
http://example.com/register?code=abc123

Or you can have a separate registration page for each code:
http://example.com/abc123

Would that work for you?

What do you need to do with this code the person enters? Show him certain content? Or track who used a certain code?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:56 am #20188
Joe
Username: Joe

Thanks for the reply!

I have seen to this suggestion, but as I understand it would leave out the matching of our code.

As for the code:
The code is needed because we will restrict certain content. So only user who register with the correct code should be able to access this content.

It’s a method for restriction but also – as you mentioned – to track how often one code is “used”.

I noticed that in the Pro version there is a coupon feature.
I guess that would come close to the solution we need.

My question:
Is it possible to let people sign up for a free account using this code?
In a post I read that you would need to charge at least 0.01€

Is there a work-around with a free trial period?

So for example:
Our magazine is published monthly.
Could we put up a 30-days-trial version with a registration form that uses the “code”-field for the match?

Can there be an unlimited trial period?

I’d love to make this work with s2members otherwise we might need a different solution.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:26 pm #20255
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joe,

The s2Member Pro-Coupon feature does not allow signing up for free accounts; the final checkout price must be at least $0.01. If you want to allow users to sign up for a free account, you’ll need to use the Free Registration Pro-Forms (available with s2Member Pro) and then restrict access to that form using a custom-coded method of your own (see Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)).

If you want to track which coupon codes have been used, you’ll need to write some additional code to handle that. (If you need to hire a programmer for this, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net.)

The Initial/Trial period can be used to offer the first X number of days/weeks/months/years for free, followed by a charge of some type. However, this will still charge the user immediately (for example, if you offer a yearly subscription for $100/year, with the Initial/Trial period of 1 month for free, the user will charged $100 and given 13 months of access).

If you don’t want to charge the user immediately but rather offer a free signup followed by a payment after 30 days, you’ll need to sign them up using the Free Registration form described above and then after 30 days show them a form to sign up and pay for a paid-membership (this can be done using s2Member Advanced Conditionals: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.