latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Page available to logged-in user

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Page available to logged-in user

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 9:44 pm #46014

Hi, we had a case where a logged-in user got to the registration page (she was sent the link directly) and managed to pay for registration a second time.

It seems to me that this registration/sign-up page shouldn’t be available to logged-in members. Is there a way to redirect it somewhere (such as the home page), or should I use conditional s2If is_user_logged_in statements to hide that form?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 10:09 am #46060

Hi Lucy.

That’s WordPress, not s2Member. Yes, a conditional would help, not sure if you can use a hook or would need to edit wp-login.php, though. Have you googled this to find if others have shared a solution yet?

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm #46067

Hi Christian, thanks for getting back to me. To be clear, I’m speaking about the Membership Options Page, which s2member states is “always publically available.” I think that’s not the same as wp-login.php that you mention. My point was that a logged-in user got to the Authorize.net pro form and managed to pay twice, even though she was logged in. To prevent that, I inserted conditional tags.

If you have a better solution, I’m all ears! My original question has to do with throughput, and it basically boils down to why is the Authorize.net Pro Form accepting double payment from registered users, not on the Update Account page? Is that intentional?

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 8:57 am #46130

Ah, I see, sorry I didn’t understand earlier that you were talking about the Membership Options Page.

Well, that page is always visible to everyone, including logged in users. The pro-form is not hidden, and although it won’t be a registration form when the user is logged in, it’d still let the user purchase.

What you’ll have to do, if you don’t want the pro-form visible by logged in users, is hide it with a conditional. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.