latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration page is empty

Home Forums Community Forum Registration page is empty

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:04 pm #23719

When a customer pays for membership on my site(in PayPal) and clicks the registration link on the page they are autoforwarded to from paypal, for some reason they are redirected to an empty registration page(the header, body and footer show up but there is no fields to be filled in).

Also, in s2member (in General Options > Registration/Profile fields & Options) when I click on the registration page link to view it, I get redirected to the homepage. The link also points to wp-login.php, and not the registration page that is set in buddypress. I have no idea what is the problem.

Trying to access this page directly leads to the same problem(empty page). Please help!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Roman Sharf.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:59 pm #23732
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Roman,

Also, in s2member (in General Options > Registration/Profile fields & Options) when I click on the registration page link to view it, I get redirected to the homepage. The link also points to wp-login.php, and not the registration page that is set in buddypress. I have no idea what is the problem.

Trying to access this page directly leads to the same problem(empty page). Please help!

BuddyPress blocks access to the registration page when you’re logged in. Can you try logging out and accessing it again?

When a customer pays for membership on my site(in PayPal) and clicks the registration link on the page they are autoforwarded to from paypal, for some reason they are redirected to an empty registration page(the header, body and footer show up but there is no fields to be filled in).

It sounds like it may be an issue with the page set up within BuddyPress. Have you changed the slug of the page your register form is on, or changed the page from within BuddyPress?

Hope we can get your problem solved quickly.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:51 pm #23740

Hey Bruce. Thanks for the quick reply. If I log out, I can access the page and there is no redirect, however, as I mentioned before the page is rendered without any of the BuddyPress profile fields.

I have been modifying PHP files having to do with the buddypress profile and how the fileds are displayed(when viewing someone’s profile) but nothing else. As far as changing the buddypress page, no I did not change anything. After this happened I tried creating a new registration page, but the same problem occurred.

If I deactivate s2member, then this problem goes away.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Roman Sharf.
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:21 pm #23746
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the follow-up

I have been modifying PHP files having to do with the buddypress profile and how the fileds are displayed(when viewing someone’s profile) but nothing else. As far as changing the buddypress page, no I did not change anything. After this happened I tried creating a new registration page, but the same problem occurred.

Would you mind reverting the PHP file to the default BuddyPress file, just for testing purposes? s2Member hooks into some of the processes within BuddyPress’s profile framework to add custom forms. It is possible one of the filters/hooks has been compromised in some way.

If that does not work, could you check into how your Options are set within s2Member->General Options->Registration/Profile Fields & Options? Most of the options do not affect BuddyPress, but Custom Registration Fields might be causing problems with something in your setup. If you have anything selected under Integrate Custom Registration/Profile Fields with BuddyPress? (near the bottom), please uncheck it to test.

Just to verify, make sure you’re running the latest versions of WordPress, s2Member, and BuddyPress on your system. It’s possible that this is causing a conflict.

Let me know how that goes, if you’re still having problems it’s possible we may need to check into your specific WordPress installation. You can send us Dashboard details in our Private Contact Form. If you need to use this form, would you mind attaching the file that you have edited with the message?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:28 pm #23755

I have no idea why, but I deactivated all plugins and reactivated them and now it works. Sorry I can’t provide any useful info for anyone else seeing this.

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:45 am #23772

Heh, who knows what it was, then, but it’s obviously related to one of those plugins.

I’m glad it’s working for you now. If it ever comes back, you know what to try. ;)

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:17 pm #23814

I just want to say that you guys do an amazing job with support. I know it’t not easy. Thank you for all your work!

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:56 am #23832

Thanks for the kudos, Roman! It’s really appreciated. We do what we can. :)

Let us know if you need more help. ;)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.