latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration Questions

Home Forums Community Forum Registration Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:23 pm #60412

Hello,

I am really confused with s2Member, it seemed comprehensive with its documentation but I am totally confused.

I simply want to achieve the following:

– to have the registration form on a page with membership options and the ability to pay with paypal standard, there is no need for all the other payment gateway options.

I have about 6 membership options.

– How does it work? Will the user’s account only get activated after the payment gets verified?

Your help is appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:19 pm #60413
cassel
Username: cassel

My guess is that you can create 6 different buttons (one for each available membership) and the user can just click the one they want to purchase.

The user will be sent back to the site, after the transaction, to create their account, if they don’t already have one.
If you have open registration allowed, then the member won’t be redirected to create an account (they already have one).

Would that address your situation?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:07 pm #60414

Hi Cassel,

Thanks for the reply, Having 6 buttons on the page is not feasible for us.

The registration form is combined with the membership options, which looks like this:

http://d.pr/i/5TaK

Your answer does not address my questions, yet it touches upon each briefly, and I have figured something.

I have decided to “re-build” the registration form, either with the templates or stand alone.

The only concern now, if I take the stand-alone approach, is how to call the s2Member function that handles everything that happens after the approved paypal transaction on that page when the user returns from paypal.

Any tips are appreciated.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 16th, 2013 at 11:32 pm #60415
cassel
Username: cassel

Unfortunately, I have never seen s2Member work with checkboxes or options like that. And if you want to use a form, you can only generate and use ONE form per page (otherwise it gets confused).

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might give you pointers on coding more advanced stuff.
Good luck.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.