latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration value and custom looking page

Home Forums Community Forum Registration value and custom looking page

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:06 pm #5914
Jay Quarton
Username: jayq

Can one add a number range, 30000 to 60000 to enter into a registration field, for what ever label I choose.
Meaning, I sell a card, the numbers change every year, I do not want a non card holder able to register.
Note:
About 20 percent of our sales are web based, the other 25000 or so is direct. The reason for the range.

Next, I have it set up for free registration now, we want a better looking layout… Too plain. I understand the pro version will allow this;
1. Do I need any other plugins to create the form.
2. Will it break the free, level 0 registration setup I already have?

Better yet, is there a way to take the 5 digit number and have it added to another post or page where it will lay on top of a printable coupon. The number will match their card. Good brain teaser eh.

JayQ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #6295
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jay,

Can one add a number range, 30000 to 60000 to enter into a registration field, for what ever label I choose.
Meaning, I sell a card, the numbers change every year, I do not want a non card holder able to register.

Yes, you can create a Custom Registration Field (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields) for this number, however s2Member’s built-in validation options don’t include a number range. The closest option would be Numeric Digits ( 5 digit minimum ).

Better yet, is there a way to take the 5 digit number and have it added to another post or page where it will lay on top of a printable coupon.

Yes, once you have the number in an s2Member Custom Field, you can use the s2Member shortcode to display the contents of that field when the user is logged in. (See Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants -> S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_FIELDS for more information.)

Next, I have it set up for free registration now, we want a better looking layout… Too plain. I understand the pro version will allow this

Yes, that’s correct: s2Member Pro Forms can be customized. See Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?.

1. Do I need any other plugins to create the form.

No, you do not need any other plugins to create the form. s2Member Pro comes with s2Member Pro-Forms, which allows you to create custom checkout forms (or Free Registration Forms). By adding Custom Registration Fields, you can build a custom form that includes the fields you need.

2. Will it break the free, level 0 registration setup I already have?

No, upgrading to s2Member Pro will not break anything you’ve currently set up with the s2Member Framework (the free version). s2Member Pro is simply an addon to the s2Member Framework; you keep the s2Member Framework installed and simply install the Pro addon which gives you the additional features. See s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #6344
Jay Quarton

On the second question, to be clear. I want the 5 digit number on top of the coupon. When the coupon is used at a merchant, they can look at the customers card number and match it to the number that was printed with the coupon from that merchant.

Is the answer you provideed your understanding to the question?

Jquarton

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #6551
Raam Dev
Staff Member

s2Member allows you to store the number on the customer’s profile and then output that number within WordPress. If you want to add that content on top of something else (e.g., a coupon graphic), you can do that using CSS or JavaScript (it will all depend on how your web developer sets it up).

If someone prints out that number and then uses it at a store, whoever is at the store can look up the customer’s profile within s2Member and then compare the number to the one presented. (Custom Fields are not currently searchable so they’ll need to look up the account by the persons’ name; custom field search is a feature we’re looking into for the next major release.)

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #6562
Jay Quarton

Is this the pro version or standard?

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:05 pm #6569
Raam Dev
Staff Member

s2Member Framework (the standard, free version) supports Custom Registration Fields: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:22 pm #6579
Jay Quarton

Rama,

You rock and will refer S2Member to all the 100 plus WordPress users I speak to weekly!

JQuarton

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Jay Quarton.
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #6581
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Thank you for the kudos, Jay! :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.