latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Registration

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 7:05 am #24865
Peter Shaw
Username: petershaw

I have installed S2 member pro on my site together with Buddypress. If I m logged out, I am always redirected to the home page, where I can register by using the regular Meta WP sidebar widget. This takes me to an S2 member page. However, should this not be a Buddypress page ? And shouldn’t the first page always be the Login or Register page ? I’m confused.Please help! thanks
Kind regards
Peter

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:22 am #24980

Hi Peter.

The page shown to someone on login would be the Login Welcome page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

On registration that’s not the case, though. BuddyPress adds an account activation step to the registration, I don’t know where it redirects the user, but it sends an email with a link that needs to be clicked.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 11:21 am #25024
Peter Shaw

Thanks Cristian. Suppose I were a completely new user, and wanted to register on the FREE level (0). I have been directed to the site from somewhere else. What would I see ? Would it be the Login/Welcome page ? Also, the installation speaks of a link on the Members Options page to the Registration form. I have (I think) correctly configured Buddypress, yet the Registration page is blank. So is the Members Options page, for that matter. I’m obviously doing something wrong, but what? The rest of the Buddypress installation seems OK – its just the Registration and Login which appear to be up the creek.
Any ideas ?
Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:13 am #25111
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Peter,

The Login Welcome page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page) is the page that users see after logging in.

If a non-member (or someone not logged in) tries accessing a protected page, s2Member will redirect them to the Membership Options Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page).

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 3:11 am #25148
Peter Shaw

Sorry, but you haven’t answered the question. In any event, I have come to the conclusion that S2 Member is not appropriate for someone with my skill level, and since I live in a remote part of Africa, there are no software developers around for me to call on. I have spent the best part of 2 months trying to make this work without success. I even paid $69 in an attempt to get some assistance. I do not believe S2 Member is compatible with Buddypress as advertised, so I have decided to abandon the attempt. I would appreciate a refund of my $69. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 7:34 am #25155

Suppose I were a completely new user, and wanted to register on the FREE level (0).

For users to register for free, make sure it’s enabled here. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

I have been directed to the site from somewhere else. What would I see ?

It depends on where the other site was linking to. If it’s an unprotected page, then you’d see the page the link pointed to. But if it was protected by s2Member, then the user would be redirected to the Membership Options page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page[/hilite]

Would it be the Login/Welcome page ?

No, the page you select for the Login Welcome, will automatically be protected at Level 0 by s2Member (which equates to being logged in), so a new person sent to the site won’t have access to it. Once he logs in, that’s the page he’d be shown, though.

Also, the installation speaks of a link on the Members Options page to the Registration form.

The registration form in WordPress is here: /wp-login.php?action=register

s2Member Pro makes it possible to create a registration form in any WP post or page you want (including the one you chose for the Membership Options), using the free registration pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

BuddyPress has its own registration page, which I think is /register/

I have (I think) correctly configured Buddypress, yet the Registration page is blank. So is the Members Options page, for that matter. I’m obviously doing something wrong, but what? The rest of the Buddypress installation seems OK – its just the Registration and Login which appear to be up the creek.
Any ideas ?

Hmm… blank? The Membership Options page could be empty if you didn’t put anything in that page. You need to add content to it, as you would with any other page in the site.

About the BP registration one, as well as the Login page, though, I don’t know. Can I have a link to them to take a look? If you don’t want to make them public, you can use the contact form: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.