latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Reminder emails

Home Forums Community Forum Reminder emails

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 7:30 am #10029
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, is it possible to send a email reminder out to members 1 week before their due to be billed again?

A website I am setting up has reoccurring yearly subscriptions and the client would like to send them a notification so they know they are about to be billed automatically – because of the time gap between signing up and renewing.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:01 am #10032
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Epix, thanks for your inquiry.

This is currently not possible without some custom coding… You might be interested in this post:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=824

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:29 pm #10472

Eduan –

Concerning the thread you linked above… in that thread, it looks as though Jason stated that this was a function that the developers were looking at integrating into a future version of the plugin. Is that still the plan?

We have a client who is looking for the user to be automatically notified when their EOT is up or coming close to it (as Epix Media requested above). Or are you suggesting trying a workaround that is in that thread?

I just need to know so I can let the client know either to expect the functionality in an update or if we need to begin working on the workaround.

Thank you!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:13 pm #10498
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Noelle,

Yes, we intend to include that functionality in a future version of s2Member, however I don’t have any details on when that will be available. We are working hard to get the next version of s2Member out as soon as possible. :)

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:44 am #10884
Epix Media

For now I will just write some code to check for upcoming EOT’s that sends emails to the applicable members and ask the clients host to set up a cron job to run it daily!

Thanks all!

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:46 am #10885
Epix Media

Just read this in another thread whilst looking for information on something else “s2Member does not calculate and store the termination date for the members. That information is up to the payment gateway (e.g., if the payment fails several times after 1 month, the payment gateway notifies s2Member that the account should be terminated/demoted).”

Is this still the case? If so it means I can’t set up a workaround for the notifications as I thought…

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:37 pm #10947
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Zoe,

That is correct. For subscriptions, s2Member does not store the EOT; it waits until it receives an IPN message from the payment gateway indicating an EOT should be assigned to the member.

For Buy Now transactions (including Level access that is granted for a non-recurring period), s2Member will set the EOT at the time of the transaction.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 8:07 am #10990
Epix Media

So there isn’t even a get-around/hack I can put in place to get this to work then???

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:50 am #11218

No, there isn’t a hack for it yet. You could use the payment notification to run a script that updates an EOT time in the profile, but if that happens, then I’m not sure if a cancellation of the subscription will update the EOT time, since there is one in the profile already, you’d have to check that too and change if it needed.

The major release that Jason is coding now, will allow for this feature you’re requesting. We wanted to have it ready a couple weeks ago, but it’s been a lot of work and it’s still got some weeks to go, I’m sorry to say. But it’s coming, that’s for sure, so look forward to it. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:54 am #11219
Epix Media

Hi Cristian, are we looking at weeks or months for the release? If its expected soon the client might be happy to wait. I totally get you can’t state a specific date but it would be good to have a rough sort of idea… (I’d be sure to tell my client its an approximation too)…

Thanks!

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 1:54 am #11325

I understand you’d want to know. I’m not going to be optimistic, so I’ll say we may have a beta in a month and a release in two. It’s really very uncertain, but I don’t want to give hope again for a date that is not the right one in the end. :/

I can say for certain one thing: Jason is working on this full time, has made huge progress and is not stopping.

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:18 am #11361
Epix Media

Brill, so if I’m pessimistic and say the end of the summer (August/September), fingers crossed they’ll get the feature early :)

Thanks for giving me a rough idea, hopefully the client will be happy to wait!

Zoe

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:12 pm #11420

:)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.