latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

reminder of membership expire date.

Home Forums Community Forum reminder of membership expire date.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 11:44 am #15062
Frank Epton
Username: franclin

Is there a way to notify the member that their membership will expire in a month?

Or a way to send notification to the admin so that we can send out a personalized notification.

It’s much easier for us to send out reminders than to chase clients down and ask them to create a new membership once the old has expired.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 11:31 pm #15118

Hi Frank.

This is something we’re implementing now into the new s2Member under development, but the current one doesn’t have it yet.

If you’re doing buy-now transactions, then EOTs are set immediately and you can query these from the database to find the users expiring soon. If you’re doing subscriptions, EOT won’t be set before the user ends it, as explained here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

What you can do is use the notifications API with a custom script to keep track of these and know when the expirations are close. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:19 pm #15568
Frank Epton

Thank you. I look forward to the next release.

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 12:55 pm #16139
Michael
Username: mliotta

Cristian, this feature asked for by many people almost a year ago now. I too would really like to have this. Now I know that you are a small operation with limited resources but it is not helpful to keep hearing from time to time that it should implemented in the next 2 or 3 months and then nothing happens. S2 member is already a great product and I’m not meaning to be critical but if this is something that you cannot do then please let us know and we can move on.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:38 pm #16333
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

This feature was requested quite awhile back. However, due to structural limitations in the current release of s2Member and s2Member Pro, combined with limitations in the current payment gateways integrated with s2Member; we’ve not been able to accomplish this effectively.

The decision was made some months ago, that this would be included in the next generation of s2Member instead, which is currently under development; scheduled for release sometime this summer.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 10:38 am #16386
Frank Epton

Thanks Jason. Few companies are willing to be as open, transparent and honest as s2member. I’ve become a big fan and greatly appreciate the communication.

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:59 am #16435

Thanks for the kudos, Frank. It’s really appreciated! We hope you’ll be really happy with the s2Member we’re creating. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.