latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Renewal Confirmation Email

Home Forums Community Forum Renewal Confirmation Email

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 7:37 pm #23484
uywi
Username: thomasjterry

We have just setup a Renewal page on our site that allows existing members to extend their membership. (We don’t have automated recurring payments.)
1) Can I configure s2Member to send me an email when they renew?
2) Also, can I change the wording of the on-screen confirmation and the confirmation email that gets sent to them? How do I do that?

My site is http://www.uywi.org

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #23525
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

You may want to add this hack that sends an email whenever the role is changed. You could customize it to only send emails when the role changes from s2member_level0 to s2member_level1 (i.e., Free Subscriber to Paid Subscriber).

Regarding the on-screen wording: I’m not sure what you mean. If you want to send the customer to a specific thank you page after checkout, you can use the success=”” shortcode attribute in your button/form (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)).

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:30 pm #23617
uywi
Username: thomasjterry

Thanks for your quick reply. Some of our renewals will be active Level 1 Members who will be paying for an extra year before their membership expires to extend it (thus never dropping to Level 0), and others will be expired (Level 0) members reactivating. It seems your hack would only email me when a Level 0 switched back to Level 1, but not when a Level 1 extended. Are there any other solutions that could help me?

In regard to to the text:
When I do a test as a standard user, and I complete the renewal page, it shows me a message in a yellow block at the top of the screen “Thank you. Your account has now been updated. Please log back in now.”
It also sends me (as the user) an email with basically the exact same wording. Is there any way to edit that language?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:27 am #23673

When I do a test as a standard user, and I complete the renewal page, it shows me a message in a yellow block at the top of the screen “Thank you. Your account has now been updated. Please log back in now.”

With the [hilite mono]success[/hilite] attribute Raam mentioned, you can have the user sent to another page, with your own custom text, after checking out. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

It seems your hack would only email me when a Level 0 switched back to Level 1, but not when a Level 1 extended.

You may find the Payments Notification useful for this. Use it to run a script that’ll email the user the way you want. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

Here’s a video on the Notifications API: Video » s2Member (API Tracking/Notifications)

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.