latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Replace required asterisk with another symbol

Home Forums Community Forum Replace required asterisk with another symbol

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 4:29 pm #14362

Instead of an asterisk at the end of required custom fields, I would like to use another symbol. What file should I edit?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 4:54 am #14441
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rick,

I believe you need to edit the Pro-Form templates. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 7:34 am #14468

That only works for the included fields like email, first name, and last name. I need to know where to do it for the custom fields.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 7:27 am #14556
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rick,

Please see line 378 of includes\classes\custom-reg-fields.inc.php. You’ll see a section of that line that looks like this:

... ($field["required"] === "yes") ? ' *' : '') ...

That should be where you’d change the asterisk to something else.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:18 am #14579

Yeah, I had already found and edited that line, but the asterisk remains. I was stumped. That’s why I asked you guys.

It has to be coming from another file.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 3:14 pm #14621

Rick, in what form are you trying to customize this? A pro-form, the default registration form, BuddyPress profile?

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #14633

Paypal Pro Checkout Form

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 5:29 pm #14634

Thanks.

I think I found it. Try this line:
[hilite mono]s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-form-in.inc.php[/hilite]
[hilite pre_code]$custom_fields .= '' . $field["label"] . (($field["required"] === "yes") ? ' *' : '') . '' . ((preg_match ("/^(checkbox|pre_checkbox)$/", $field["type"])) ? '' : '
') . "\n";[/hilite]

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 5:36 pm #14635

Shazam! Thank you. Like hunting for a needle in a haystack, that was.

Happy weekend, guys.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 5:58 pm #14638

Yeah, it was. We’re consolidating these thing in the development of the new s2, but for now that’s where it is. Thanks for your patience. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.