latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Request-URI Too Large?

Home Forums Community Forum Request-URI Too Large?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 4:05 pm #20932

I have closed Free registration on my site and changed access from level 0 to level 1.
All the Page Access Restrictions page numbers I had on Level 0 – I’ve cut and pasted into Level 1.
The URI restrictions:
/activity-streams
/members/
/forums/
/groups/
/cs-groups/
I cut and pasted in Level 1.

The entire site now gets a white screen with black text which says:

The requested URL’s length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

Additionally, a 414 Request-URI Too Large error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Dean Severson.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:29 am #20965
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Dean,

It sounds like a problem with your server. What happens if you move those URI restrictions back to Level 0?

Also please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

If that returns everything OK, then I suggest contacting your web host and asking them about the message.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 5:02 am #20981

Also try disabling the following features in the wp better security plugin your using:

“Prevent long URL strings”
“Filter Suspicious Query Strings”
“Filter Request Methods”

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 3:04 pm #21046

I did what Philly suggested and it worked. What a fine dance between all the plug-ins! This service has been far worth the $60 spent. If I ever make any money with my site – be sure to call me – I’ll owe you all a check or two !-)

Thank you,
Dean

Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 7:37 am #21089

Thanks for the kudos, Dean! And yeah, Philly is a great guy and super kind giving good help. :)

Yes, plugin conflicts are more than I would have thought before I started giving support. There are certain areas very prone to collissions in one way or another. In the new s2Member we’re avoiding as many as we can, in order to reduce the number of trouble the combination with other plugins causes. We may not completely remove them, but they should be less.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.