latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Required checkbox (custom field) not working

Home Forums Community Forum Required checkbox (custom field) not working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 3:01 pm #32619

Hi,

I have implemented a terms and conditions checkbox as per Jason’s instructions here: http://www.s2member.com/kb/force-terms-and-conditions-agreement/ (s2Member Pro Forms (via Custom Registration Field)).

However, although I set the field as required, I can submit the registration form without ticking the checkbox. This is the same whether I use a pre-checked box, or a normal one.

Any help as to why this should be?

Thanks,
Sarah

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #32641
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Sarah,

The validation uses JavaScript to check if the checkbox has been clicked. If that validation is not working, then I suspect you might have a problem with the JavaScript loading.

Could you give us link to the page with the terms checkbox? We can test to see if the JavaScript is loading properly.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:51 pm #32642

Sure – can I send it to you in a PM/email? Let me know how…

Thanks,
Sarah

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:54 pm #32644

Ignore that, just sent a message via the contact form…

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:13 am #32683

While Raam comes back and looks at it for you, you could test for a plugin or theme conflict causing this. This article explains how to test them: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:15 am #32697

Ok, I’ve worked out what’s causing the issue – I have multiple pro forms on a single page (which I understand S2 doesn’t currently support??). They are both hidden by default, and the user clicks one of two buttons & the corresponding form is shown.

The only difference between the two forms is the level users are registered at. Is there any way of using a single form, but dynamically changing the level depending on which button the user selects?

I don’t want to have to re-direct to another page if I can help it…

Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Sarah Hills.
Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #32728
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Sarah,

Yes, unfortunately multiple Pro-Forms on the same page are not currently supported, as it will cause JavaScript conflicts. The only way around this is to load the forms on separate pages.

We recommend describing the various membership options on one page, with buttons that lead to separate pages with the Pro-Forms on them (somewhat like a shopping-cart checkout). Please see http://s2member.com/prices/ for an example.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.