latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Required Registration Flow

Home Forums Community Forum Required Registration Flow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:14 am #22218
Jez
Username: JustBecause

hi Folks!

I require a really simple flow for my free members:

Landingpage -> Email Submit -> Content unlocked

No bothersome emails to check, no redirect/registration pages, nada.
Just the unlocked content once “Submit” is pressed.

Which version (paid/free) will allow this – and what posts can I look at to see how to implement this successfully?

Extra info: naturally my “subscribers” go into a MailChimp list, and will get their “reminder” emails etc from there, but I want this to a secondary system, not as part of the content-unlocking procedure.

I try to keep barriers to a minimum ;)

Naturally, the free members who then (after consuming the content) find an email from me and want to sign up into the system will be directed to the relevant membership/registration page. But after the fact.

I want 2 things:

1. They get the content they want instantly.
2. I get a chance to email them.

I don’t care about users who just put in garbage to get the download – I am not interested in control at this level.

Thanks for the help,

Jeremy
PS. I’d also like to know how to automatically ‘bump’ members through different lists in MailChimp via s2, i.e. when a 0-Level member is upgraded to a 1-Level (or whatever), how is she automagically removed from the one MailChimp list, and put onto the other?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:33 am #22311
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jez,

s2Member uses the WordPress user base for authentication and WordPress requires a few things to create a WordPress account:

First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Username
Password

However, a few of these things can automatically be generated or disabled:

Password (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Allow Custom Passwords during Registration? = No)

First and Last Name (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Collect First/Last Names during Registration? = No; note that this cannot be disabled if you’re charging for membership, as the billing portion requires first/last name)

Username (this is a bit tricky, but it can be done with this hack)

So, with all that implemented you’re left with only the email address as a requirement on registration forms. However, to access protected content, users will still need to login (otherwise, how will you know who should and shouldn’t have access?) It is possible to auto-login the user after registration using this hack, and with s2Member Pro you’ll have access to the success=”” shortcode attribute which allows you to automatically redirect to a page you specify after registration, but when the user comes back, they’ll still need to login to gain access.

With s2Member Pro and the Pro-Forms, you can offer free registration for any level of membership (so you could protect your content with level 1 – 4 and then offer free access to those levels of content).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.