latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Restrictions On Number Of Connections

Home Forums Community Forum Restrictions On Number Of Connections

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  ryannagy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 5:57 pm #14105
Nik Cree
Username: nikcree

I have had an issue with my site getting a ‘503 Service Unavailable’ error. The site is hosted with Hostgator.com. I put a support ticket in about the issue and they have replied:

———–
Upon reviewing the account, we see that you are using the s2member plugin with your WordPress installation. Please be advised that membership authentication plugins and scripts tend to restrict the number of connections to the server. During busy times, this can cause service outage issues.

We recommend adjusting the settings to see if it can be modified for more users to access the site at any given time.
———–

I couldn’t see any settings in the S2 Member plugin for restrictions of this kind. The site is http://www.promotionaldrinkcoasters.com.au.

Has anyone else had this issue, or have a solution for this? Many thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Nik Cree.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #15404
Nik Cree

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this question above??

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:50 am #15520
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nik,

You might be interested in this KBA:
Knowledge Base » Mod Security, Random 503/403 Errors

Hope his helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:17 pm #15576
Nik Cree

@Eduan – thank you. I’ll work my way through it with my Host. Much appreciated.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #15695
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome Nik,

Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #15842
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

I don’t quite understand this. S2member restricts the number of connections? I thought only a hosting company wold do that in order to conserve bandwidth and server resources???

I have a site on Bluehost with 280 members and another 250 or so on the way. I am paranoid that when the site officially launches (it is a conference) having too many connections and downloads with throttle my site.

– Ryan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.