latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Reset OTO?

Home Forums Community Forum Reset OTO?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 2:44 pm #44121
Angel True
Username: angeltrue

Is there a way to reset the One Time Offer?

I have an offer that was visible the first time people logged in. I had a technical issue and need to reset it but it’s also something that would be nice to change once in a while.

The syntax for the OTO requires you to identify the number of times the person has logged in to decide if it is visible. What if they’ve been here lots but I want to make a new offer?

How to I make that visible or reset everyone’s login count so it’s available on the first try?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 10:16 am #44256
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Angel,

I’m afraid it’s not possible to do this. You would need to go into the database and delete the user’s record of first login most probably.

Was your site live and you had these problems? So real users can’t get that OTO anymore?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #44269
Angel True
Username: angeltrue

Yes, the site was live and I was having SSL issues that I didn’t know about so the purchase form wasn’t working.

This seems odd that we can’t change the OTO though. What if 6 months from now I have a new offer I want to make to my members as an OTO?

I would rather have the ability to show an OTO X number of times rather than on specifically the 1st, 5th or 23rd. That seems highly limiting when yo have a membership site. You can never make an OTO to your oldest members…

Mark that as a feature request then.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 9:04 am #44482

I added it to the feature requests then. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Normally OTOs are used right after the purchase, but having one that is able to count from the next login on, regardless of how many logins the person already did before, may be good.

You could, if you want, create a hack for this in your site. You have a conditional in your Login Welcome Page that checks if the user has already been shown the offer already. If he hasn’t, show it and save in in the db that he was shown it.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals[/hilite]
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_user_option
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_user_option

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.